Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NW-HD5 coming June - maybe?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NW-HD5 coming June - maybe? - Page 9

post #121 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiep
ANyone have any release date for the HD-5 in the US?
I think they said worlwide in May...
post #122 of 203
Hiya, i dont suppose anybody knows if Sony are planning to release any firmware updates for the NW HD3 to include HD5's playlist functionality? OR if sonicstage 3.1 will give the HD3 the same playlist functionality as the HD5's ?

Thanks.
post #123 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHWONG
Hiya, i dont suppose anybody knows if Sony are planning to release any firmware updates for the NW HD3 to include HD5's playlist functionality? OR if sonicstage 3.1 will give the HD3 the same playlist functionality as the HD5's ?

Thanks.
Not that I'm expecting an answer, but I've emailed Sony USA and Sony UK regarding the HD3's ability to be upgraded. With Sony UK, I specifically referenced the HD5. We'll see what they say. My guess is "No, we don't know anything about it."
post #124 of 203
I am disappointed that SONY will give up its design style on HD5.
post #125 of 203
I'm kind of on the edge. At some times, it looks really good. Some times, marginal. Sometimes...meh. I wouldn't say that it's any better or worse than the others they've made. They also said it's smaller than the previous ones, which is interesting.
post #126 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartfishmm
I am disappointed that SONY will give up its design style on HD5.
I think its size will make it extra sleek
post #127 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by doclloyd
Not that I'm expecting an answer, but I've emailed Sony USA and Sony UK regarding the HD3's ability to be upgraded. With Sony UK, I specifically referenced the HD5. We'll see what they say. My guess is "No, we don't know anything about it."
Ah great, i was going to email sony myself but keep me posted mate if possible, thanks
post #128 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catastrophe
hey my friend is going to HK on tuesday 12th april, but he is only gonna be there for a week, do u think the HD5 might be out abit early lol? and HK should get them soon after jap release right?
Sorry to answer so slow...but

No, HD5 won't be here....

I haven't heard ne news about it being released in HK yet,

Just a subnote: HD3 acually came out few months ago...and HK don't have HD1.
post #129 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFz
Sorry to answer so slow...but

No, HD5 won't be here....

I haven't heard ne news about it being released in HK yet,

Just a subnote: HD3 acually came out few months ago...and HK don't have HD1.
well, i think i'll just get HD3 now, my friend phoned me and said he saw it for $2150 HKD in mongkok^^ probably can bargain it down to 2000^^

i guess hd5 isnt that much of a upgrade anyway, just battery life is an appeal to me.....but the looks degraded><
post #130 of 203
hd4 looks like my old gameboy. nintendo to sue sony?

post #131 of 203
HD5 is Japanese edition of iPod for its look.
I think SONY should improve the management system of HDD first!
post #132 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHWONG
Ah great, i was going to email sony myself but keep me posted mate if possible, thanks
Shockingly, here was Sony UK's reply:

"Thank you for your recent e-mail.

While the NW-HD5 has different playlist features to those that are found on
the NW-HD1 or HD3 there are no plans to alter this in the form of a firmware
upgrade as the NW-HD1 and HD3 where not designed with this as a feature.

I apologise for any disappointment this reply may cause."

And Sony USA:

"At this time Sony has not announced a firmware upgrade for the NW-HD3 Network Walkman.

Any available device driver and firmware updates from SONY would be released through our product support website:

http://sonydb.isomedia.com/perl/select-walkman.pl

NOTE: If there are no updates listed on the site for your component, that means there are none currently available through SONY."

So, there you have it for now... but then again, I'm sure anyone who asked about updates to the HD1 when the HD3 came out got similar replies at first.
post #133 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartfishmm
HD5 is Japanese edition of iPod for its look.
I think SONY should improve the management system of HDD first!
huh?
post #134 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican
hd4 looks like my old gameboy. nintendo to sue sony?
Whew! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks it looks like the orginal Gameboy. On page 5, there was link to review and I swore the images of the hd5 looked like the mini gameboy.
post #135 of 203

remote control for NW-HD5?

I was wondering if anybody could shed a little bit of light. Well, I've done the 3D view of the NW-HD player on Sony's website and it seems to have the usual Sony remote control jack at the top, but there is no mention of one! Quite irretating because the player fits every requirement I have apart from well, seeming to lack the remote...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NW-HD5 coming June - maybe?