Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 Reviews

Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 Reviews

Positive Reviews

Maxiao

outstanding budget headphones

Pros: 99rmb in China (thats only $17 dollars!). Superb soundstage, strong bass, mids and treble. Great mic, nice design and packaging.

Cons: None yet after 3 weeks

I live in China and have built up a collection of mostly local brand headphones:  Astrotec AM90 and AM800, Soundmagic E10, Ecci PR200, Dunu Hades, several different DIY Yuins and (Korean manufactured) Feels Pro 900.   I ordered the Xiaomi earphones recently without much expectations - the brand is well established in China and the phones are pretty good but they have no previous hifi experience that I am aware of.  After a couple of weeks of using them I can honestly say that they are the best of all the pairs I use - I previous leaned towards the AM800 or the Feels Pro900 but I prefer the Xiaomi's sound to any other options (with the possible exception of...

Negative Reviews

stevestuart

Uncomfortable

Pros: Nice looking design

Cons: Very uncomfortable, Weak Sound

I purchased these after seeing the price and good reviews. I got the updated version (so called 2.1)   These headphones do not sound nearly as good as claimed. The bass is decent but the highs are too high and the mids seem to be lacking. Overall the sound is weak.   The design looks nice and the quality and finish is good but the sharp edges of the body dig into my ears. The earphones become unwearable after 20-30 mins.

More Reviews

Rashmosh

Astounding Headphones With An Irresistible Sleek Design - Your Ears Won't Believe What They're Hearing (And Your Eyes Won't Believe The Price)

Pros: The Smell (Chocolate) - The Design (Gorgeous) - The Sound (Breathtaking) - The Materials (Beryllium Is As Cool As It Sounds) - The Box (Simplicity)

Cons: Insignificant In Comparison = The Volume Controls (Do Not Yet Support iPhone And Are Located Too Low) - The Cord (A Tad Too Short And Not As Stylish)

The first thing you are going to notice about your Pistons, is that these babies are absolutely gorgeous. I'm not talking about that these headphones simply look nice (although they do) - they are, without a doubt, the most beautiful headphones I have ever had the distinct pleasure to rest my eyes upon (regardless of price group). This extends far beyond the actual headphones themselves - the box is a design-marvel all on its own. Crafted out of a single sheet of thin cardboard, this - surprisingly small - box is equipped with all the instructions you could possibly crave for your new Xiaomi Pistons, and - more importantly - they also include the exquisite box that will - hopefully -...
thatBeatsguy

*Still* The ultimate earphone under $20. The perfect way to give the gift of Head-Fi.

Pros: Great sound. Great looks. A rock-bottom price.

Cons: Durability *could* be better.

Disclaimer     Please note that I am not affiliated with Xiaomi in any way, though you could consider me an "endorser" of this product.  I was neither paid nor given a review sample by Xiaomi; this pair was purchased personally. Also, do take note that most of the review is my personal opinion, and it should be treated as such; also, the impressions from this review can and will change, so please take this review with a grain of salt.  Intro     My, how time flies. I’ve spent almost an entire year on Head-Fi, and I have to say, I’ve learned a lot. Much to my dismay (and to the joy of my wallet), I’ve suppressed many urges to purchase more pairs of headphones – though, admittedly, it was...
Zelda

Best Sound Quality for the Price

Pros: Sound Quality, Build Quality, Android Compatibility, Chocolate Smell

Full review: http://www.head-fi.org/t/717620/review-xiaomi-piston-2-re-defining-budget-fi       Specs: Weight: 12g Impedance: 12Ω-16Ω (depending on the version, 2.0 vs 2.1) Cable length: 1.2m Sensitivity: 93db Plug Type: 3.5mm  gold-plate Rated Power: 5-20mW Frequency Range: 20-20000Hz   I've got my pair from Xiaomiworld, and it's an original one. It seems mine is the 2.0 version, but it was shipped by the end of January, so the ones sold now should be the seemingly newer 2.1 version. They also carry the newer IF version. Anyway, this seller carries the real one, so no need to worry about fake pairs. Their service and communication is pretty...
banjoanton

Amazing Budget Headphones - Best I Have Had.

Pros: Everything; design, sound, box, tangle free cord, smells like chocolate.

Cons: If something; the comfort. Probably due to my tiny experience with in-ear.

Okay, a great review from thatbeatsguy convinced me to buy these headphones, and I don't regret that I did. I received them earlier today and been playing different kind of music since.  This is going to be a short review, just to confirm that the earlier reviews are absolutely correct. The headphones are amazing. The sound is extremely clean and crisp, you are easily able to distinguish the different instruments and vocals. The bas is great and the sound level is pleasing. A big plus is the chocolate, or coco, smell on the headphones. Don't know why or how, but it smells good! The box is packed by a design company, which has resulted in a good looking,...
Tamirci

A Great Budget In-Ear (that is not so in ear)

Pros: Soundstage, bass, nice treble, price, weight, flexibility of tips

Cons: Box contents, build quality, bass quantity (before burnin)

Pretty good for its price. Can be considered as a startup or backup iem if all fails.
BenF

A great IEM for 30$

Pros: Clear and fun sound, big soundstage

Cons: The buttons are inconvinient, needs replacement tips, may require a CTIA to OMTP adapter, sounds too bassy without modding.

I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip).   Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much better.   When I plug the Pistons into Audio-GD NFB-11.32, they sound horrible, unless I pull them back a little. I resolved this issue by using a CTIA to OMTP adapter that came with Philips SHE3590, which is weird, since none of other headphones need it. This doesn't happen with FIIO E12.   I hate the buttons placement on the remote - keep pressing wrong buttons.   SQ: Initially, the Pistons were too bassy, even after a long burn-in period. I have modded them, removing the...