Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Ultrasone HFI-680 › Ultrasone HFI-680 Reviews

Ultrasone HFI-680 Reviews

200poundsofamp

Great all-rounder

Pros: Aggressive sound, great midrange detail, deep and controlled bass

Cons: Zingy treble, exaggerated sibilance, lengthy burn in time

Overall sound: Forward with aggressive treble, neutral to slightly cold midrange tonality and a sub bass boost. Bass: The 680's have specifically emphasized sub bass, unlike the SRH840 and ATH-M50 which emphasize both midbass and sub bass. This is good and bad in a few ways - for one it doesn't flavor the midrange and allows the driver to respond faster since it doesn't have as much bass to choke over, but it's a less natural sound, and it loses a bit of texture. Overall though I really like it, as it has nice sub bass performance for hip hip and electronic but stays out of the way for rock, metal and jazz, where bass just gets in the way. It does make drums a little thunderous,...
superduperjew

Excellent audiophile headphones

Pros: Excellent ranges, comfort, bass, clarity, 3D/surround, cable length, durability, longevity

Cons: None

These sound wonderful! I am very impressed, they've exceeded my expectations by 10 fold. The clarity and surround sound is blowing my mind, it's almost like I can separate each instrument. The bass is REALLY clear and powerful. I use a Sandisk Sansa Clip which can drive these easily, and allows me to listen to uncompressed audio (FLAC) with an EQ, unlike many other MP3 players. I can't stress the clarity enough. These headphones obviously sound much better when plugged into my Z-5300, which is receiving audio from a PCI Sound Blaster Audigy. I can definitely notice the S-Logic kicking in. You'll think you are actually IN the game if you play video games. You have no outside interference...