Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio › Computer Speakers › Swan M10 › Swan M10 Reviews

Swan M10 Reviews

Palladium

"How is this even possible?"

Pros: INCREDIBLE sound for the price (in regions where it's cheap). Fantastic highs and midrange. Tight and clean bass.

Cons: Short satellite cables that cannot be replaced. Potential QC issues. Subwoofer needs to be on desk for best bass response. Relatively expensive in U.S

Like many others, I was very skeptical about the Swans M10 2.1. How can something that retails for only around US$60 in China get such rave reviews in the Internet audio circles? So I bought one to check it out, after all it was only US$80 from where I live.   Sure, it has wooden enclosures unlike the downright nasty plastic used by at this price range, but it still looks kinda cheap to me. The satellites themselves barely weighs enough to qualify as a paperweight, and the 3-inch woofer suggests the low-midrange is gonna suck...hard. The powered subwoofer unit only has a 5-inch driver? Are you kidding me?   Until I hooked them up with the subwoofer on the desk, connected to...
OmarSy

A must buy! (If you can find it!)

Pros: Tight mids, very tight highs. Beautiful aesthetics!

Cons: Bass could be better not for those who want a lot of bass

I've had the Swan M10 for a few months and I was compelled to write this review. These have to be the best speakers in the price range that I've ever listened to, nothing else can be compared end of story. My older pair of bookshelf speakers sounded laughable in comparison, funny part is I paid nearly double the price for those! These speakers have very tight mids, tight highs and overall great sound although the bass is not for those that want that booming bass, if that is what you want from a pair of speakers then I don't think I'd feel good suggesting these to you, I'd purchase another pair of Swan speakers and a hsub if that was the case. For the one hundred dollar price tag...
jedi304

Probably the best bang for the buck computer accessory I've ever bought.

Pros: Crisp, clear audio. Amazing price. Looks great.

Cons: Bass is tight and punchy, some may need more depth (I myself find this to be a good thing)

I previously owned a pair of bookshelf speakers that had nice audio quality, but kind of lacked clarity, and the bass was all muddy. I've only had these speakers for less than week and my first experience left me breathless. It is quite hard to imagine how such great quality could come out of a set with this price. I could hear instruments I've never heard before in my music.   They seem to be selling cheaper here where I live, hence the reason for the $80 price tag.   I would definitely recommend this pair to anyone looking for a budget set.
Rain100

Amazing speakers!

Pros: Audio quality, Price, Looks, actual treble in computer speakers.

Cons: not ground-shaking bass, led light on the front is brighter than I like.

I can't recommend these speakers enough.  I had some friends (non-audio oriented people) over to check out my computer setup.  They were impressed with the whole thing, but especially the speakers (look and SQ).  Then I told them that they were $130.  Lets just say that swan might be getting more business.   That really summarizes what I think about these speakers.  I would pay $200 or more for speakers that look and sound this good.  I'm usually not into brand loyalty/fanboyism, but I would recommend any swan speaker based on my M10s.