Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Superlux HD-330 › Reviews › benjisun's Review

Very good open Headphone for the price

A Review On: Superlux HD-330

Superlux HD-330

benjisun

Pros: Compatibility with Beyer parts

Cons: stock cable short for home use, stock pads average

I already wrote a review about this one here

I own it since november 2012 and I've to say that this headphones are really good for the price.

The sound signature is warm and the bass have a good presence but is still precise.

Medium frequencies are forward and nice to listen to. the treble is a little bit recessed but still present.

The soundstage is average but not the best in the open headphones crew but imaging is not bad (panoramics)

I think its well suited for pop music, rock, punk styles ...

I modded it with a custom cable and Beyer DT770 velour pads wich make it very confortable to wear.

I would recommend it to anyone who want to try an open headphone its a very good start for this price

Thanks for the review benjisun; ive been eyeing these over the past week and reading up on them but havent gotten around to pulling the trigger yet :o. Did you notice any changes in sound after switching to velour pads?
Great review so odd to only see one for such great headphones.

Do you know if the Beyer DT990 velour pads would fit this? in my region, that would cost me a $48+S&H--mistake if they dont fit.