Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones

Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones

Rated #1 in Universal Fit

Sponsored

Get the latest news and updates at the Sennheiser sponsor page.

Pros: Superb sound, very detailed, strong bass, an awesome soundstage, no microphonic, good built quality

Cons: the sound tuning is useless, earhook, cable

I've been using Sennheiser IE8 for 2 years and its still awesome. sadly I lost it about 2 months ago.

The first time I use it, it sounded ordinary but after several days of burning in I finally found the true sound that is so amazing.

The sound is detailed, clean instrument separation, strong bass, and an awesome soundstage, and no microphonic...

but after using it for a year I have to buy a new cable because the cable broke up, and also I found the earhook is not practical to use. I got my perfect seal from the medium sized double flange tips after experimenting with all the ten tips provided. and It's so comfortable also. The carrying case is neat because it carries two reserve tips, cleaning tools, a microfiber cloth, and your IE8, but the design is complicated.

well its quite pricey and because this is an IEM people didn't see that this thing is expensive. And you know, it just so sad.

Pros: Superb SQ for that price

Cons: Hard to say

This is my first top tier IEM. I own it quite a long period of time.

I am very happy with the SQ.... Anyway here is my review after 5 days of usage =)  ( i left it in seller website)

Честно говоря звук сразу после распаковки был ужасен :) Но я знал что динамическим затычкам надо время что бы 'раскрытся'. Так и произошло. Буквально через 5 часов они зазвучали значительно лучше. После 80 + часов разогрева звук поражает :) Я не сказал бы что люблю слушать гитару или пианино. В основном я люблю электронную музыку. Но блин, когда я услышал как в них звучит гитара. Это словами не передать. Аж мурашки по коже пробежались. Вокал тоже очень радует. Басы мягкие и упругие. Очень приятные. Когда их одеваеш такое чуство вроде бы музыка вокруг тебя. Она везде, а не только в твоей голове. Вобщем, советую всем кто любит звук сенхайзера. Единственное с чем могут возникнуть проблемы это с подходящей насадкой. Слава богу мне как минимум 2 пары подходят идеально. Всем правильного выбора :)

Pros: Very Very strong bass, mids are good, highs are crisp, comfortable, very strong build, almost no microphonic, replaceable cable

Cons: doesn't isolate too much noise, some people may dislike the midbass hump, carrying case is complicated (but cool:)

These earbuds has a warm sound, but with very nice mids, and crisp highs. I heard that lot of people say it has too much bass, but I think they are just enough with the knob turned to the max (maybe it can have even more bass). I found that they sound a slightly similar to the Klipsch Image X10. The cable is the best ive ever saw, they are soft and they have minimal microphonics. The only downside I found is that they don't block out much sound. Oh, and When I got those earphones. The Cable was wrapped so tightly in the box that it basically destroyed the cable.

For the price I paid (around 300USD) , I would definetly recommend it to people who takes their music seriously.

Pros: Build Quality, Comfort

Cons: Bloated Mid-Bass, Muddy Sound, harsh Peaks and Resonance in the Treble

Please you yourself a favor and don't buy these IEM.

Pros: workmanship, detail

Cons: value

only auditioned this iem for a brief time as I would never pay nearly this much of my hard earned money on an iem. These must have been tuned to a certain type of modern music and for that, whatever it may have been, these probably sound outstanding

Pros: Excellent Sound

Cons: None

These are the best IEMS I have. Much better than Shure 535's or the UE500's or the Klipsh. Second to only custom IEM's

Pros: Lots of tips, fancy travelling case,tons of bass, excellent sound-stage, good build quality, adjustable bass, sounds excellent with metal.

Cons: Most tips are useless, bass screw is a bit fragile.

Bass screws work if you have some bass to begin with, ie. not using an ipod.

Soundstage is brilliant.

Sound is a bit unbalanced, have use aggresive eq with walkman.

bass is phenominal.

Pros: great sound stage, amazing bass, treble, versitile

Cons: i have not found any yet

So this is my last IEM upgrade I am planning on doing since I am more of an Over Ear type. However for work I needed a solid IEM. I got these at a great price, and I am plesantly surprised of how much of an upgrade over my CX-870's it is!

I love these IEM's, they are warm, bass is detailed, I can play everything from accoustic/vocals, Jazz, to Alternative rock and they sound crisp clean and warm.

Overall I am very glad I got them for $190 USD instead of full price. Listening to Andrea Corr's lifelines album is a pure joy through these.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND if you work in a quite place I wouldnt suggest these for jogging but if your jogging you really dont have the ability to truly appreciate the clarity anyway. Great buy :)

Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones

The Sennheiser IE 8's audio performance warrants a standing ovation. Rediscover your music collection and tailor it to your aural tastes with a tunable bass frequency response. The customized sonic signature is complemented by a unique fit thanks to the included ear adapters, ensuring perfect fit, guaranteed. This fit isolates the user from their environment, offering passive noise attenuation and the best sound experience. The compact design of the IE 8 works with any attire in any situation. The IE 8 stores quickly and safely in the included carrying case.

BindingElectronics
BrandSennheiser
ColorBlack
EAN0615104118997
FeatureSleek ergonomic design and various sizes (S, M, L) of eartips for a perfect, customized fit
Height3 inches
TitleSennheiser IE 8 Premium Audiophile Noise Isolating Headphone
UPC615104118997
Batteries Included0
Warranty2 years warranty
Special Featuresnv: Cord^1.2 m symmetrical (earphone to separator: 0.4m; separator to plug: 0.8m) | Ear coupling^intraaural (ear canal fit) | Frequency Response^10Hz - 20kHz | Impedance^16 ohms | Plug^3.5mm L-shaped stereo jack plug | Sound pressure level (SPL)^125 dB(SPL) | THD^ | Transducer principle^Dynamic | Weight^5 g