Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones

Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones

Rated #1 in Universal Fit

Pros: Superb SQ for that price

Cons: Hard to say

This is my first top tier IEM. I own it quite a long period of time.

I am very happy with the SQ.... Anyway here is my review after 5 days of usage =)  ( i left it in seller website)

Честно говоря звук сразу после распаковки был ужасен :) Но я знал что динамическим затычкам надо время что бы 'раскрытся'. Так и произошло. Буквально через 5 часов они зазвучали значительно лучше. После 80 + часов разогрева звук поражает :) Я не сказал бы что люблю слушать гитару или пианино. В основном я люблю электронную музыку. Но блин, когда я услышал как в них звучит гитара. Это словами не передать. Аж мурашки по коже пробежались. Вокал тоже очень радует. Басы мягкие и упругие. Очень приятные. Когда их одеваеш такое чуство вроде бы музыка вокруг тебя. Она везде, а не только в твоей голове. Вобщем, советую всем кто любит звук сенхайзера. Единственное с чем могут возникнуть проблемы это с подходящей насадкой. Слава богу мне как минимум 2 пары подходят идеально. Всем правильного выбора :)

Pros: Superb sound, very detailed, strong bass, an awesome soundstage, no microphonic, good built quality

Cons: the sound tuning is useless, earhook, cable

I've been using Sennheiser IE8 for 2 years and its still awesome. sadly I lost it about 2 months ago.

The first time I use it, it sounded ordinary but after several days of burning in I finally found the true sound that is so amazing.

The sound is detailed, clean instrument separation, strong bass, and an awesome soundstage, and no microphonic...

but after using it for a year I have to buy a new cable because the cable broke up, and also I found the earhook is not practical to use. I got my perfect seal from the medium sized double flange tips after experimenting with all the ten tips provided. and It's so comfortable also. The carrying case is neat because it carries two reserve tips, cleaning tools, a microfiber cloth, and your IE8, but the design is complicated.

well its quite pricey and because this is an IEM people didn't see that this thing is expensive. And you know, it just so sad.

Pros: Very Very strong bass, mids are good, highs are crisp, comfortable, very strong build, almost no microphonic, replaceable cable

Cons: doesn't isolate too much noise, some people may dislike the midbass hump, carrying case is complicated (but cool:)

These earbuds has a warm sound, but with very nice mids, and crisp highs. I heard that lot of people say it has too much bass, but I think they are just enough with the knob turned to the max (maybe it can have even more bass). I found that they sound a slightly similar to the Klipsch Image X10. The cable is the best ive ever saw, they are soft and they have minimal microphonics. The only downside I found is that they don't block out much sound. Oh, and When I got those earphones. The Cable was wrapped so tightly in the box that it basically destroyed the cable.

For the price I paid (around 300USD) , I would definetly recommend it to people who takes their music seriously.

Pros: Wonderful natural sound on all frequencies, after listening extensively to music that I'm very familiar with. On vocals, synths, classical and dance.

Cons: Not cheap, but worth saving for and getting them.

Excellent IEM headphones. I usually use my modified HD600's with my hifi system or whilst listening from my mac via my external DAC through my headphone amp, but I recently FLAC'd my entire CD collection (several weeks later) onto an AK Jr, and with the IE8's the sound quality is excellent. (Memories of my first Walkman in 1981 and the impact it made on me as a young boy, the sound was a vast improvement on what I'd heard from any tape player before). The IE8's almost isolate most external noise as it's easy to get a good seal in your ears with the variety of rubber tips that are provided so when the music is playing, all you hear is the music and the reproduction is excellent. From vocals of Andy Bell in 'Am I Right' to Louise Setara in 'Love me Still', to driving rhythms and drums in Lou Gramm's 'Angel With A Dirty Face'. All the varieties of music I've listened to through these IE 8's I've never been disappointed.

Build quality is usual German quality, so nothing to worry about there. They are packaged in a nice sized case that is easy to fit in your pocket, and the cleaning tools and other rubber tips are all stored neatly.

All in all I'd certainly recommend these IEM's, they're not the most affordable if you're on a budget, but if you can save that bit longer, they are most certainly worth it, and I'd be very surprised if you regretted your purchase.

Pros: Great Bass, articulate Treble and mids

Cons: Minor Mid-Bass Hump that appears to smooth out after burn-in, OEM Ear tips not up to par with Earphones.

Purchased these From an Authorized seller in the UK as a Demo but in as new / Mint condition. They actually had 10 Pair, in hindsight I probably should have purchased a 2nd. After a Disappointing trial of Vsonic GR07 Classics, I decided to pop the Extra $$$$ and take a chance with the IE8s. I won't be looking back any time soon. You can use a lot of adjectives, in a nutshell they sound great and are actually on par with My Senn HD650s sonically. The first thing I did was Try all the supplied Tips finding that the Large regular tip is the best of the OEM lot for my ears. I will go into a little more detail in a few for better tips. Then I burned these in having a Listen at 50, 100, 200, 250 and 300 Hours. I for one definitely can hear a vast difference between New and Burned in. Relaxed would be what I would call the Transformation, and the Mid-Bass hump which never really bothered me anyways has smoothed out. I also Purchased a set of Balanced N8 OCCC silver Plated copper upgrade cables from HIFI-Acoustic Audio. Fantastic workmanship on these cables. Highly Recommended.

Now for eartips: I have Tried Comply Foams, Generic Silicone Hybrids from Ebay, Genuine Sony Hybrids, Phonak, Monster Gels, JVC, both Clear and Black assortments from Meelec, Auvio hybrids and of course the supplied OEM. My conclusion is BY A WIDE MARGIN: The Auvio Hybrids available at Radio Shack in Large size. They just make the sound BLOOM, at least to my ears.

Sorry for being Late to the Party, Might Have to try out the IE80s.

:):) TWIN

Pros: Build Quality, Comfort

Cons: Bloated Mid-Bass, Muddy Sound, harsh Peaks and Resonance in the Treble

Please you yourself a favor and don't buy these IEM.

Pros: workmanship, detail

Cons: value

only auditioned this iem for a brief time as I would never pay nearly this much of my hard earned money on an iem. These must have been tuned to a certain type of modern music and for that, whatever it may have been, these probably sound outstanding

Pros: Excellent Sound

Cons: None

These are the best IEMS I have. Much better than Shure 535's or the UE500's or the Klipsh. Second to only custom IEM's

Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones

The Sennheiser IE 8's audio performance warrants a standing ovation. Rediscover your music collection and tailor it to your aural tastes with a tunable bass frequency response. The customized sonic signature is complemented by a unique fit thanks to the included ear adapters, ensuring perfect fit, guaranteed. This fit isolates the user from their environment, offering passive noise attenuation and the best sound experience. The compact design of the IE 8 works with any attire in any situation. The IE 8 stores quickly and safely in the included carrying case.

BindingElectronics
BrandSennheiser
ColorBlack
EAN0615104118997
FeatureSleek ergonomic design and various sizes (S, M, L) of eartips for a perfect, customized fit
Height3 inches
TitleSennheiser IE 8 Premium Audiophile Noise Isolating Headphone
UPC615104118997
Batteries Included0
Warranty2 years warranty
Special Featuresnv: Cord^1.2 m symmetrical (earphone to separator: 0.4m; separator to plug: 0.8m) | Ear coupling^intraaural (ear canal fit) | Frequency Response^10Hz - 20kHz | Impedance^16 ohms | Plug^3.5mm L-shaped stereo jack plug | Sound pressure level (SPL)^125 dB(SPL) | THD^ | Transducer principle^Dynamic | Weight^5 g