Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Sennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphones › Sennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphones Reviews

Sennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphones Reviews

cowonaut

Fantastic sounding solid but excluding large ears

Pros: Good amount of decent bass, clear mids and highs, good match for many music genres, uber-robust cables

Cons: Manufacturer doesn't offer silicone tips for large ears, cheap paintjob, soft plastic stripe on housings needs to be fixed with glue in summer, no bag

There are some quality issues with these phones but they are of rather cosmetical nature, like the cheap silver paint job not resistant but easily wearing off, the soft plastic stripe on the housings getting loose with warm temperatures during sommer ... I've always got some glue at hand and I don't care how things inside my ear channels look actually, at least when I'm so overly satisfied with them as I am with Sennheiser IE 6.   When it comes to built quality there are other things I'm longing for much more: cables have to be solid and shouldn't fail on me. They shouldn't turn into a mess of knots inside my trouser pocket like most manufacturer's cables tend to do. In these...
jamsie555

Fantastic IEM's for under £100

Pros: great bass, well designed, good fit

Cons: Takes a while to burn in

This is my first review here on head-fi, so please tell me how to improve next time   I haven't seen a review for the IE6's on here, and quite a few people have been asking for one, so i thought i'd answer their prayers.      First Impressions:     After owning several pairs of CX300-II's (where the sound kept going in one of the ears after 3 months or so) I decided to splash out and spend some money on a quality pair of IEM's. I paid £100 for them in HMV Southampton. The packaging was fantastically designed, and the aluminium brushed case was also aesthetically very pleasing, my only criticism is that the case is bigger than any MP3 player...