Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 419 Headphones

Sennheiser HD 419 Headphones

Rated #138 in Over-Ear

Sponsored

Get the latest news and updates at the Sennheiser sponsor page.

Pros: Light Weight, Enough Bass, Comfort

Cons: Thin Cable

This is my First Review in this community.

This is my Personal opinion regarding this Sennheiser HD419 Headphone that i bought in India

This review is with comparison with the following earphones that i had (Klipsh Image S4, Brainwavz M1 and Westone 4.)

let's get it the review of Headphone Sennheiser HD419

Design and Comfort

Design is some what Plastic but durable.

Cable is very Thin so need to take extra care for the cable.

headphone is light weight and comfort is excellent. it really fits with my ears.

i don't find any issues with fitting or comfort.

Sound Quality

As it is mentioned in the Box it has Punchy Bass.

Bass is enough but it is not heavy Bass.

Mid is clear and fairly happy with this.

Treble some what Veiled.

Sound Stage is average

Conclusion

One of the Best Headphone in the market for its price for music lovers

but it is not for audiophile segment

Pros: Low Price, Cool Design, Comfortable, Amazing Sound, Thumping Bass, Noise Isolation

Cons: Leaks sound at high volumes, thin cable

I am a Bass-Head.  I had a pair of Sony on-ear monitors, and they were uncomfortable and didn't sound good, so I decided that it was time to buy new ones.  I did some research and decided that I wanted a pair of over/around-ear headphones with thumping bass for under $100.  I researched Beats, Bose, Sony, Skullcandy, JVC, Koss, Panasonic, and finally Sennheiser.  I decided to go with the HD 419.  I found them for $35 from B&H and bought them.  They came the same week (with free shipping).  I opened the box, put them on, and plugged them into my iMac and iPod touch (no external amp used for either).  This is my review:

Design:

These headphones look and feel AMAZING!!  They are very comfortable and light-weight on your head.  The only complaint is the thin cable.

Isolation:

When I put on the headphones, I couldn't hear much noise from my surroundings (with no music playing)!  I turned the volume almost all the way down, played some music, and I couldn't hear ANYTHING other than my music!  They also do a good job at keeping music in, unless you have them at high volumes.

These headphones sound AMAZING!!!  The bass is perfect: clean, un-distorted, and punchy!  Highs and mids are great too, but these are DEFINITELY bass-centered headphones.  They can also go VERY loud.

Power:

All my tests were done on a 2008 iMac and an iPod touch 5g, with no external amp used.  However, on the iPod, It seemed like the sound won't go as loud, so if you intend to use with an iPod/iPhone, you might want to get a cheap headphone amp.

Verdict:

These are VERY good headphones for people who want LOTS of bass for a budget price.

Pros: comfortable and great sound quality for the price

Cons: Almost non existant bass for my taste , Thin cable , and built with plastic

I bought these on Amazon for around $27 when I bought them and I liked the overall sound quality for the price except for the bass which was underwhelming considering it said punchy bass ( I have better earphones for when I want the better highs and mids and wanted a good pair of bass heavy headphones ).  These are closed and around ear and isolate outside decently from when I used them so no complaints there. These are also one of the most comfortable pair of headphones that I have used ( I have bought the Soul SL150 for $60 and had to return those because they just hurt my head to much)  The only other issues I have with these headphones is the cable is very thin and that it was built out a lot of plastic.

I dont own these i just added them to my i want list but it made me write a review.  I'll be getting them soon so look for a actual review

Sennheiser HD 419 Headphones

The HD 419 is a comfortable, around-the-ear stereo headphone ideal for use with portable media devices. It joins Sennheiser's closed-back HD 400 series, which offers attractive designs and high sound quality at an affordable price.

BindingElectronics
BrandSennheiser
ColorBlack
EAN0615104218024
FeaturePlush ear cushions offer ultimate listening comfort
Height9.45 inches