Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Noise-Canceling › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones Reviews

Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones Reviews

Positive Reviews

paweltoja

Probably the best closed headphones in 0-200$ price range

Pros: Almost linear reproduction ,very good controlled bass, clear mids, decent highs. Much better highs and perfect clear linear sound with decent Dac/amp

Cons: Only good dac/amp(at least fiioE7) can drive it to make good highs and overall very good sound (theyre little muddy with poor sources),no leather pads

Due to my poor skills in writing in English this review of Sennheiser hd380 will be pretty short. Build quality and package: Nice, good quality but only plastic build without any fancy design accents. Seems to be quite solid. Coiled cable is not perfet solution in day to day usage but is ok. Nice hard case for headphones. The included also big jack adapter. Cable can be detached (headphoned have mikro jack input). Sound and comfort: With poor source like laptop sound is bit muddy and not so clear, there is also lack od high tones - headphones are bit bassy and not so special. When I used sansa clip mp3 player sound was much better but still it was not it,...

Negative Reviews

anthonbe

Jack Design could be better

Pros: I agree with most of the Pro's with other reviewers. These headphones sound awesome.

Cons: The Jack started to become defective and within a month, no more sound. Luckily, Amazon allowed me to return them. I had them 32 days.

The Jack started to become defective and within a month, no more sound.  Luckily, Amazon allowed me to return them.  I had them 32 days, and the cutoff was 30 days.    I am torn with purchasing another one or searching for something else.   The sound quality was amazing.  I only needed them for home so they were not intended to be used at the gym or during commuting.   I did routinely connect it to my tablet for phone.  The weight of the cord wanted to drag my device around.  I had to secure the cord to ensure my phone or tablet did not get pulled to the floor from the table.   Keep these factor in mind.

More Reviews

headphones1999

wonderfully Sound blocking - and good sound

Design: i like the design of the HD380 not fancy but look good but they are very strong and i dont think you will ever brake theme   Sound blocking:  A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! when i listen with them on a bus i dont hear anything ftom outside   sound. sound very natural have nice clear sound not heavy bass headphones, there is more mid-bass than sub-bass. (nice solid bass) have airy sound for a closed headphones (because of the size of the ear-cops) trebel is ok (have jumps in the trebel) low mids   in the end in this price there is better headphones but still good sounding heaphones   hope i helped you mikel
Bonavon Vovo

The better alternative to the ATH-M50

Pros: Tight impactful bass, Nicely textured mids, fairly balanced, Nice carry case

Cons: Cups don't rotate vertically

I bought these to replace my ATH-M50s and HD280 Pro.   I am very happy with them, They have a relatively balanced sound with a slight emphasis on bass which is tight and punchy.   Bass - The bass on these headphones is tight and punchy (not loose and flabby like the ATH-M50 which was always a bother for me). It is slightly emphasised but not offensively so, kick drums have a nice snap to them.   Mids - Their mids is nicely weighted with a solid enough presence to give guitars, drums and vocals plenty of texture without being harsh like the HD280. I personally find the ATH-M50 lacking in mids and find they make music sound a bit weak and thin.   Treble...
DomProfesor

One of the best headphones for the price

Pros: Build quality, good sound - even unamped, moderate portability, isolation

Cons: Coiled cable, not the premier choice for a portable walk on the street headphone

I will keep this review short, as I can pretty much confirm what other reviewers have said.   They are highly recommended for those seeking a sub 200 $ closed headphone with good isolation (very very little sound leak, and blocks off a lot of ambient noise), good build quality and nice carrying case. I have owned them for over one year and they show no visible sign of wear, every time i put them on it's like I've just bought them.   The coiled cable is sometimes not the most practical.    Can work well even without amplification, but they benefit a lot from a good audio source. Purchasers will not be dissappointed.   I am curious how they compare...
bkyoung

Great Bang For the Buck

Pros: Inexpensive, no obvious flaws in the sound reproduction, very good noise isolation, foldable

Cons: Very tight fit initially, the stock cable is heavy and bulky

I have owned a pair of these headphones for six weeks now.  Initially I bought them to cope with office noise.  I work in a large, open cube farm with a great deal of white noise and a constant cacophony of conversation.     These 'phones have surpassed my expectations since day one.  Given my office environment and the fact that my music collection is 100% compressed, lossy audio (MP3 & AAC), I didn't think an expensive pair of open-backed headphones was appropriate.  Even with MP3s these 'phones breathed new life into my old music.  The noise isolation of these 'phones is very good.  In my office environment these 'phones almost completely...
bpandbass

A Fantastic Sub-200 Dollar Closed Back Studio Monitor (Move Over ATH-M50s!)

Pros: Balanced sound, treble sparkle, silky smooth female voices, very detailed, tight mid and sub bass, very comfortable ear cups

Cons: Not very adjustable, clamping force, slight echo to the vocals (Senn trait), not the best noise isolation, ear cups get a little hot

I chose the HD380 Pros to replace my Audio-Technica M50s, and have not looked back ever since (except to compare the M50s to the HD380s with songs). Sound-wise the Senns are superior to the M50s in every way. More realistic bass, non-flabby but without losing impact, MUCH better mids, more refined treble, and the ear cups on the 380s are tremendously better than those on the M50s. Whereas the M50s sound best with electronic music such as house, drum n' bass and trance, the HD380 Pros are not only good for those genres, but are great for R&B, rock, jazz, soul, and pretty much every genre under the sun other than classical music (a little too bottom heavy). The HD380s have a more...
Bigshow33

Amazing for everything I listen to!!!

Pros: Sound, fit, comfort, build quality, design with carrying case.

Cons: Removable cable yes, but...

I have to start once again with saying that I love the sound signature of Sennheiser so I might have a biased opinion with these headphones. I think these are a definite step up from the 280’s. The sound from both sides of the spectrum and everything in between is just smooth and sounds great. I do not listen to any EDM or anything with a lot of electronic beats, etc… I mostly listen to adult contemporary, country, rock, alternative, and jazz. I also like the portability, because the fold down flat and the included case is nice too. They do have a detachable cable, which is a plus but you can only use Sennheiser replacement cables with the similar fitting plug. It is an 1/8...
maxpain12

Sennheiser was not kiddin about the PRO label.

Pros: Good amount of detail and also great passive noise isolation.

Cons: They will not sound good unless you use high quality sources. Minor coloration.

This was recommended to me by a friend and because of the other great reviews on the web I purchased a pair. What I can say is that it really brings out the details in music. Those low bit rate MP3's will not sound too good now. Bass is not exaggerated and highs are nice and smooth. The quality of the DAC is very important for this set of cans. The distortion in the mids were largely mitigated with the use of a high quality source (Guess my Xonar U1 was not not as good as I thought). They are highly detailed with a small amount of coloration due to the closed design which can be expected.
sjoerg

The best I'v tried.

Pros: Good sound quality. Good comfort.

Cons: Seems to be optimized for "aviation noise"

I would rank this headphone as No:1 among the noise canceling head phones in respect to sound quality. Bose is to "bass heavy" for my likings, but  were better when it came to nois canceling. Sony were the best when it came to comfort, but not as good sound quality as the Senheiser. All in all this is the best among the 3 I'v tried.
Shmitty

Complete nub

Pros: Can't hear my 2 year old when doing college work

Cons: too ignorant to know

I'm really happy with my choice, I was either going to get these for the DT770's and these went on sale so pulled the trigger. The cord is annoying at times but I deal with it.
aznx2high

good except the cord

Pros: great crisp sound

Cons: the coild 10 ft. cord

these are over all good there isn't much over lap of anything, i find it a great balance if your not trying to find a heavy bass head phone.