Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Sennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black) › Reviews › yannisgk's Review

A Sennheiser drawback.

A Review On: Sennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)

Sennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)

Rated # 140 in Universal Fit
yannisgk

Pros: Not very expensive

Cons: Awful sound

Having been a marketing casualty years ago by the Sennheiser headphone giant having two decent over-ear headphones bought of them, I decided to have these for an MP3 player additionally seeing good reviews about them.

I don't know if eartips of them not fitted well in my ears but the sound was awful!!!

I can't say enough about mids, trebles, basses etc. but overall the sound was harsh to a point that my ears couldn't stand the dreadfull noise of them!!!

As I was a newbie in IEM's it was a traumatic experience as it was difficult for me as a music user to buy another in-ear after them.

As I pre-wrote I hope there were the tips not fitted well in my ear canal because I didn't expect such a drawback from the Sennheiser company.

I don't recommend them at all!!!

(A day before the review I tested (without burn-in and Comply foams where I am an admirer) the Philips SHE-3590 and they are much better than 300's and they cost lower than 10 euros!!!)

Anyway, test them before you buy them.

Have a nice life, yannisgk.

These were my first quality earbuds a long time ago.  Are you sure you didn't get fakes?  This model is highly counterfeited and the genuine one doesn't sound awful unless you don't have a bad seal.
My CX-300-B doesn't sound all that bad. I bought it 6 years ago and I still use it as my sleeping earphones. XD
@alpha421 They were not fakes (Amazon UK fulfilled) but as far as the sealing of the tips goes maybe I had a problem (they were my first in-ear buds and I didn't know anything about Comply foam ear tips).
@miceblue Sincerely I'm glad you enjoy them still, but I was unlucky about mine!!! :(