Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Sennheiser CX 870 ear canal phones › Sennheiser CX 870 ear canal phones Reviews

Sennheiser CX 870 ear canal phones Reviews

darkshyed

Changed my work life!

Pros: Amazing sound quality, Comfortable, Versatile, Well priced

Cons: Took a little getting used to

Upgraded from my CX-215's WHICH ARE ALSO AMAZING! But these kill it in audio replication.   I use these at work with my Sanza Fuze (Rockboxed and playing flac's) and it makes the day's fly by, My only complaint was at first finding the proper seal took a little work, also seemed to have a slight burn in period (which wasnt to bad) but when i first purchased the headphones I was disappointed because i thought my CX-215's blew these away until I burned them in then WOW!! clear crisp audio that has a nice punch when you do decide to crank the bass up a bit.   Took a little time to find my sweet spot using the rockbox EQ settings on the fuze but once I did they are a pure...
AndrewHume1

CX870 review - A great pair of budget phones

Pros: Great isolation, detailed bass, accurate highs

Cons: build quality has room for improvement

Overall excellent buds, very good sound quality, especially for their price, the medium set of tips fits exactly in my ears and provides a near perfect seal. Bass is very detailed, but not overpowering, and the highs are very accurate and present. Sadly, however, after 1 year and 1 week (which takes me just out of warranty) the right earphone has died, so I am now looking to get some gr07's
ranjanis

Great value, great sound!

Pros: Sound quality is spot on compared to many other earbuds, bass is just right and isn't overwhelming.

Cons: Fits my ears well, but took some adjustment for my boyfriend

For those looking to trade up from headphones provided with your portable audio device, this is the perfect gateway drug to begin appreciating Sennheiser products.  You'll instantly notice a significant increase in the audio quality compared to what your music previously sounded like.   These earbuds are durable and good for everyday use.