Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Sennheiser CX 870 ear canal phones

Sennheiser CX 870 ear canal phones

Pros: Amazing sound quality, Comfortable, Versatile, Well priced

Cons: Took a little getting used to

Upgraded from my CX-215's WHICH ARE ALSO AMAZING! But these kill it in audio replication.

I use these at work with my Sanza Fuze (Rockboxed and playing flac's) and it makes the day's fly by, My only complaint was at first finding the proper seal took a little work, also seemed to have a slight burn in period (which wasnt to bad) but when i first purchased the headphones I was disappointed because i thought my CX-215's blew these away until I burned them in then WOW!! clear crisp audio that has a nice punch when you do decide to crank the bass up a bit.

Took a little time to find my sweet spot using the rockbox EQ settings on the fuze but once I did they are a pure dream. Planning on getting the IE8's soon and seeing what impact it has because I cant believe it still gets better!!

Pros: Great isolation, detailed bass, accurate highs

Cons: build quality has room for improvement

Overall excellent buds, very good sound quality, especially for their price, the medium set of tips fits exactly in my ears and provides a near perfect seal. Bass is very detailed, but not overpowering, and the highs are very accurate and present.

Sadly, however, after 1 year and 1 week (which takes me just out of warranty) the right earphone has died, so I am now looking to get some gr07's etysmile.gif

Pros: Sound quality is spot on compared to many other earbuds, bass is just right and isn't overwhelming.

Cons: Fits my ears well, but took some adjustment for my boyfriend

For those looking to trade up from headphones provided with your portable audio device, this is the perfect gateway drug to begin appreciating Sennheiser products.  You'll instantly notice a significant increase in the audio quality compared to what your music previously sounded like.

These earbuds are durable and good for everyday use.

Sennheiser CX 870 ear canal phones

If you are looking for earphones with minimalist and understated elegance, look no further than the CX 870 ear canal phones. Their chrome plated parts add a touch of shimmer for a look that is classic with a contemporary flair. Sound-wise, you will be treated to a powerful stereo sound with a precise bass - all thanks to their high performance dynamic speaker systems and diaphragm guards. Their dual hardness silicon ear adapters ensure a personalised comfort fit as well as high passive attenuation of ambient noise.