Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Schiit Vali › Reviews › Hi-Fi'er's Review

Best of the Bunch

A Review On: Schiit Vali

Schiit Vali

Rated # 36 in Desktop Amps
Quality
Hi-Fi'er
Posted · Updated · 1818 Views · 0 Comments

Pros: Sounds Better than Magni

Cons: Tubes will Eventually Die But are Replaceable by Schiit, Less Powerful of the Bunch

I've been reading so many replies and reviews how the O2, Magni and Vali sound the same. After weeks of listening to all of them, (yes I have them all) they are all not exactly the same . I've been using the same music and all else in the system is the same and have only changed the amps. Started with O2, then went to Magni. Yes the Magni and O2 sound very close. The Magni does sound a tad processed and thin compared to O2 but the Magni does have more authority as it is more powerful in comparison even though they all seem to struggle reproducing the source.

Then I went to the Vali. The Vali sounds nothing like the others. It's slightly more smoother and warmer, more of a natural sound but ever so slightly, and more realistic sounding. I was enjoying it very much for weeks. Then I decided to get the Asgard 2. Why? I read so much about it I just had to try it. The Vali like the others also seem to struggle reproducing the source which makes sense as it's less powerful of them all.

BUT, the Vali does sound better than all of them in the form factor and price range.

Comments: