Are you kidding me?!

A Review On: SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)

Battery Life
User Interface
JoeDoe

Pros: Size, Construction, Price, Capacity (w/ card), Rockbox-able

Cons: Screen size, battery life (before Rockbox)

Sansa has a winner in the Clip +. I'm listening to FLAC files as I write this review and I can't stop laughing because of how much I got for how little I paid. This is a great little device.

The Clip is TINY. I didn't realize how small it was until it was delivered in the padded envelopes in which I used to get baseball cards.

The design is just great. The efficient button-layout is intuitive and makes navigation a breeze, the clip is great for my shirt or pocket, and the easy-to-read screen gives me just enough information to do what I want: listen to music.

With a 32gb SD card ($20) I can give the Clip more capacity than a 30 gig iPod. This makes loading up my FLAC and MP3 320 files painless since I don't have to pick and choose which songs are worthy and which aren't.

The sound coming from this device is just fine. Obviously for under $50 you can't expect this thing to blow you away with SQ but the GR07s and FXT90s I use sound as good as ever, especially when I run them through a cMoy or E5 first.

Have I mentioned that this is Rockbox-able? That fact alone is just icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned. For the super-low price, I would buy this player with an SD card and very contently use the native UI. However, after Rockboxing, I'm now able to customize EQs, change display information, and increase the battery life to boot! Will the super value never stop?!

All in all, I think if you are interested in a pocket-sized setup for way less than $100 with options and features often reserved for more expensive players, you can't go wrong with the Clip +. Cheers.

Comments: