Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Philips Fidelio L2 › Philips Fidelio L2 Reviews

Philips Fidelio L2 Reviews

Brooko

Philips Fidelio L2 – Beautiful Sound, Beautiful Looking

Pros: Balance, clarity, detail, form factor, build quality, aesthetics (looks), fit & comfort (for the most part)

Cons: Non removable pads, flimsy carry bag, pressure point with headband

\ For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREFACE I guess everyone who has been around a while knows the Philips brand, but (for me anyway) it’s been a while since I’ve associated the brand with high end audio. My last foray with Philips was buying 2 pairs of Philips SHP2000 at NZD $20 each for my two (at the time) sub-teen children.  The SHP2000s actually sounded passably decent, they were cheap, and the kids pretty much loved them to death.  The kids are now tween and teen – and have a pair of Momentum on –ears, and UE6000s respectively – and to date I hadn’t heard another Philips headphone.   INTRODUCTION When...
wolfjeanne

Excellent all-rounder

Pros: Sturdy, quite good looking, balanced sound, good all-rounder, excellent layering, impactfull bass, clear mids, airy highs, seems to scale well

Cons: non-removable earpads, some comfort issues, (obviously) little sound isolation, not the retro-cool looks of the L1

Update: replaced cable, see bottom         As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class, so I might be overly enthusiastic. I did listen to quite a lot of competitors in stores before deciding to buy the L2 and did some A-B'ing afterwards though. Right, enough gibberish; onwards to the review!     How I got there - previous headphones and buying the L2's   I think it is important to know what I was used to so that one can place this review in perspective. I have had quite a lot of headphones...
DJScope

Absolutely brilliant! – Clarity, beauty and balance

Pros: Detail & clarity, beautifully designed, sturdy materials, balanced & natural sound signature, removable cable.

Cons: Non-removable pads.

Firstly, I'd like to thank @d marc0 for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which organises these tours for members like myself to try out new gear that we may not have a chance to audition. I do feel very lucky to be a part of it. Disclaimer: I did not purchase the Philips Fidelio L2 and do not own it. I've had 1 week with it and the thinksound rain2. So please take what I have to say with a grain of salt, or two.     Philips is one of those brands that I would always dismiss in the headphone game. In the early years I’ve tried one or two headphone from Philips which weren’t exactly...
Jackpot77

Crystal clear and down and dirty - Philips' Fidelio L2 over-ears provide the voice of an angel with a bassy face

Pros: Great bass depth, crystal clear presentation, micro-details, conveys emotion in male and female vocals brilliantly

Cons: Headband could be more comfortable, sound leakage due to semi-open design, lack of hard case, midrange might be a bit lean for some

Philips Fidelio L2 – initial impressions I picked up the Fidelio L2s as part of a swap deal on Head-Fi as my first “proper” pair of middle-range over ear headphones. These were picked up as an experiment to dip my toes in the water with regards to over-ear ‘phones, and see what differences there are between a mid-fi IEM and a lower-tier over-ear for reference. About me: newly minted audiophile, late 30s, long time music fan and aspiring to be a reasonably inept drummer. Listen to at least 2 hours of music a day on my commute to work – prefer IEMs for out and about, and a large pair of headphones when I have the house to myself and a glass in my hand. Recently started converting my...
White Lotus

Philips Fidelio L2 - semi-open bassheads dream

Pros: BASS, build quality, overall clear and strong sound signature

Cons: Headband pressure

Foreword:   I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and - nightclubs. I've taken a huge liking to headphones, and IEM's in particular. I like the idea of having my own personal PA system, that I can take with me anywhere. Especially with Rockbox being in such advanced stages, and such great low-impedance portable amps coming out, you can really seem to get any sound signature you wish out of a portable rig.   Phillips Fidelio L2 review.     Build quality: Absolutely superb. I've always enjoyed the build quality of...