Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black)

Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black)

Pros: Really good bass, mids are nice, amazing fit and comfort, super light, CHEAP

Cons: Terrible highs, synthetic sound, flimsy cable, sensitivity kinda low.

This is gonna be a simple review

For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price.

They are not airy and vocals by no means sound lifelike but they are clear and not muddied by the elevated bass.

This is where this in ear does not shine. It is extremely recessed around the 10kHz to 14kHz range so cymbals are quiet as hell. It has a very metallic sound to it as well but it is cheap so it is expected.

The staging on this is pretty bad so don't expect a room like delivery of sound

Really good actually. It is super light and the "ergo-fit" actually works. Easy to wear for hours and you can even sleep with it in due to the low profile.

Pretty cheap lol. The cables are flimsy but the jack area seems pretty sturdy.

It is a pretty good in ear that actually stays in your ears even during heavy motion. It may be synthetic sounding and it might be a little low sensitivity in ear but for the price I would say it is pretty good. But remember it is CHEAP

Pros: Solid mids, decent noise isolation, bass is mostly flat and EQs to be harsher without issue

Cons: Stupid cable, earbud tips prone to break, highs are wimpy, separation is near-nonexistent

They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets tangled and stays tangled.

They isolate noise OK. My ears aren't the best shape for them so if I wiggle my ears sound suddenly leaks through. I replaced the rubber eartips with the ones from JVC Marshmallows - in my opinion the most comfy tips for buds. They make the driver a bit more distant from your ear but this is solved by raising the volume.

Separation is poor which is to be expected. Nothing like my HD518s and I don't expect them to be.

Honestly, for 6 bucks these are great. I've never owned any really great earbuds but I do know that I normally tear through earbuds because I am not nice to them and none have lasted as long as these have. I got these right before the 2014 year ran out and, seeing as it is currently September you could say that these things are build pretty well.

Pros: Price, Decent Bass, Comfort

Cons: Treble/Detail, Isolation

Originally purchased as temporary replacements. I've had the same pair for something like 5 years now-  they've gone on to see a lot of gym and work use, and are so comfortable and secure that I've often used instead of inears with much better SQ. Don't get a lot of rotation lately, but the 120s live on as the backups I keep in my bag.

The sound isn't quite good, but surprisingly decent given the price (boomy bass, ok mids and treble missing some detail, narrow and slightly soupy/muffled sound common to the budget cohort but not distractingly so). Isolation is ok for mild city noise, until a truck drives by. Construction isn't remarkable but the shells and plug seem solid, and earns a lot of credit considering they've lasted me longer than every other headphone I've owned in spite of seeing a lot of rough use- the one gripe is a thin, tangle prone cord.

Price and comfort are what make the HJE120s worthwhile, for budget listeners, as a cheapo backup or temporary stopgap, and comfortable beater/utility/podcast set for those who don't mind occasionally compromising  on SQ.

Pros: Very cheap, great bass, good isolation

Cons: Highs aren't great, cheap cable

After losing a piece from my Vsonic VC-02's I decided to get something really cheap for now. These cost $7.18 on Amazon. Bass response is better than anything I've heard in this class. It's actually almost overwhelming at the low end; this is the first time I can remember EQ'ing bass down for an IEM, especially a cheap one. Isolation is surprisingly good. Highs are a little lacking, and maybe the soundstage isn't perfect. Again, these cost $7.18 so you have nothing to lose.

Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black)

FeatureColor-matching for iPod nano 5th Generation Ergo-Fit Design for ulitmate comfort and fit 3 pairs of soft earpads included (S/M/L) Drive Unit (diam.in mm) - Diameter 9mm Impedance (ohm/1kHz) - 16
TitlePanasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black)
Warranty90 Day Limited