Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Matrix Rip USB dac 24bit 96khz headphone amplifer DAC Audio Decoder 2012 new Silver

Rated #425 in Headphone Amplifiers

Pros: Can't go wrong at this price point - good overall sound.

Cons: Slightly grey sound presentation, no Toslink/optical input.

I needed a reasonably priced DAC/headphone amp to go with my Senn HD650s.

This amp/DAC offers amazing bang for the buck. I have owned a number of good DACs and headphone amps - is it as as good as my Violectric 200/800 combo? No way. But, teamed with a pair of rounded/smooth headphones like the HD650s, it makes a great entry level combined amplification and DAC solution.

Enough grunt (via the 2nd headphone output slot) to drive my headphones, enough bass (a little bloated, but I suspect that's the HD650s), highs OK and not harsh, mids clear, detail and stereo soundstage quite good. No real nasties. Compact and nicely made unit. I am running AIFF files via USB from my Mac. Would have preferred a Toslink input for my glass cable, but it's OK with my Cardas USB cable. Haven't tried high-res files with the DAC and I don't have/use MP3s or the like - just rips from CDs I have on my hard drive.

Highly recommended - great value.

No member lists contain this item yet.
By:

Digital output: USB: Sampling Rate :24Bit 44.1kHz~96kHz(windows7,Vista,XP,2000,Mac OS X ) Coaxial:Sampling Rate :24Bit 32kHz~96kHz Analog output: Output Level:2VRMS Frequency Response:20Hz~20kHz SNR: 104dB Distortion: 500kHz SNR: 95dB Max ouput current: 200mA Power Requirements power:18V~24V(AC/DC Power Consumption:

BindingElectronics
ModelMatrix Rip
MPNMatrix Rip
PublisherMatrix
StudioMatrix
TitleMatrix Rip USB dac 24bit 96khz headphone amplifer DAC Audio Decoder 2012 new Silver
UPC610027013466