Really good speakers, dont know about audiophile quality, but powerful

A Review On: Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System

Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System

Rated # 1 in Computer Speakers
Quality
arcer63

Pros: Detailed, powerful, variety of connections for a computer speaker system

Cons: Questionable wire provided, maximum distance of 6ft. from control unit to subwoofer.

Ive owned these speakers for a long time now, and I really like them. I purchased them on ebay (new) at an incredible price. There was no way I was going to pass this up. I love the styling of these speakers.

The audio quality is good, er... very good. Not incredible, but definitely better than most of the stuff out there for computers. These were one of the first high end purchases I made, and opened the door for me to explore new music. They have scaled pretty well as I have gotten into higher end audio, and I still enjoy using these speakers. They make everything sound pretty good. The bass can be a little bit sloppy sometimes, but its very good (and powerful) overall. These are killer speakers for movies, they have digital inputs(coaxial and optical) and have dolby digital and dts functionality. They can also decode 96/24 digital inputs. If necessary, it is possible to send surround sound through L/R, SL/SR, and C/SW mini jacks.

Now a few of the drawbacks of this system. The control unit has to be used within 6ft of the subwoofer, but that really only creates minor logistical issues. The control unit has some menus that are a little bit strange, and some settings are not available for certain inputs.

Comments: