Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Logitech UE 6000

Logitech UE 6000

Pros: Isolation, Accessories, Build, Bass-Mids, Underpriced

Cons: Upper Treble

I prematurely wrote a review on this that wasn't all too positive. However, after about a week, my impressions have changed. I swaer I have been listening to these nonstop. At least for 50 hours.

Construction:7/10
Really good I think. They are built like Beats actually (studios), with similarities in the folding system, headband cushion, earpads, overall shape, and the active noise canceling. However, the actual materials are of much better quality. There's a good amount of strong plastics and metals within the design giving them a nice weight. The pads though aren't replaceable. I don't care that much since they're only $100 now. [EDIT: They have some creaks now. Very annoying.]

Style: 10/10
I have the black ones (I like the more subtle look) and they look fantastic both on and off the head. I get good impressions from friends and family and whatnot.

Comfort: 7.5/10!
When I first got them, they were a little uncomfortable. The pads were too small, and the clamp was too tight. Now, they are rediculously [EDIT: Somewhat Comfortable] comfortable. I believe the reason for my discomfort was because prior to the UE6000, I had used the MDR MA900 nonstop which is widely known for its low clamp and high comfort.

Other: 10/10
Isolation is the best I've owned. Works wonderfully on the bus and train. In this way, they are totally unique in my collection! I like them the most out of all the portable cans (well, maybe not the momentum or Focal Spirit One, but I'll get that) because of their isolation. They also have a detachable cable, IOS remote, ANC, and a headphone splitter right out of the box.

So far so good right? Let's talk about sound.

After many hours of listening to these things, I have finally adapted to the sound signature. The bass is definitely emphasized. The mids are really nice. They're kind of lush and boxy sounding, but in a good way. I really have learned to like it coming form the WS99/Momentum/1r.

The bass is very tight and very deep. I actually don't mess with the bass when using my EQ since I feel it is in the perfect place quantity and quality wise unlike the 1r or Momentum. These do well with EDM and things of that nature.

The mids are like I said, warm. They might be a little recessed, but when you consider how subtle the highs are,they're almost neutral. Almost but not quite, so I'd give 2-4khz a little boost.

The highs are rolled off... significantly, but they seem rolled off smoothly. No, these don't sound really airy, but they don't sound congested. Many headphones will boost the highs to give the illusion of great instrument separation and sound stage but these actually do without it. No, the soundstage isn't that large, but it has a good shape. For example, the KEF M500. Sure the soundstage has great depth, however, the width leaves a little to be desired. I imagine a long oval with the M500, but with the UE6000 imagine a slightly smaller than average circle. It's a little hard to explain.

With EQ, these are fantastic. However, overall, for rock/Jrock/Metal/Brighter Genres, they aren't very well suited since the warmth and body get a little out of hand. The bass is fast enough, It's deep enough, it's just the highs.

Overall SQ: 7.5/10

Comparisons: Home Use SQ
KEF M500 (better everything except weight and thickness)>M4U(Clearer, more balanced)>Momentum*better detail and resolution, worse soundstage)=ATH WS99(tighter bass, more balanced, better bass texture and quickness)>Focal Spirit One(Sound very similar, UE6000 is more balanced, more weight, FS1 has tighter bass, more intimate vocals)=UE6000=DT770 (More higher, larger soundstage, looser bass, less mids)>Fidelio l1=MDR 1r

On The Go SQ (Very loud Environment): Excluding the DT770 and Fidelio L1
UE6000=M4U>Focal Spirit One>Momentum>WS99=M500>MDR 1r

Overall, Which Do I like?:
Hard to say. I don't like the L1, DT770 the most. Not too much of a momentum fan with that tiny soundstage. The 1r just doesn't sound good enough. The M500 doesn't isolate as well as some of the others, and will slide off my head not to mention the comfort (or lack thereof). The FS1 is just too lower mid heavy. The M500 and ws99 are my faves, followed by the momentum, the ue6000 and FS1.

4.5/5 in the end since they're only $100!
[Updated 12/12/13]

Pros: Excellent mids. Great lows. Comfortable and non fatiguing.

Cons: Highs can be slightly better. Wire has little strain relief. ANC.

I would like to begin by saying that I am no "expert". I don't own expensive headphones, amps and such. The only experience I have with hi-fi headphones is through meets and such. I will do this review from a normal persons perspective. That means I will not use any amps or such things, instead drive them from things like iPods, phones and my laptop. I feel there are plenty of impressions of these with proper equipment so coming from a normal consumers point of view might help more. So without further adieu, lets get to it.

Equipment used:

-Eminem The Marshall Mathers LP flac

-Taylor Swift Safe and Sound (song) mp3 @ 320

-Daft Punk Random Access Memories flac

-MGMT Oracular Spectacular

NOTE:IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR GOOD NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES, LOOK ELSEWHERE! IT ISN'T VERY GOOD AND IT MESSES WITH THE SOUND.

What you get for your money:

- soft, zipped carrying case

- headphone splitter

-wire with iPhone mic and controls

- the headphones themselves

Disclaimer: I have NEVER been to good at explaining sound and using proper terminology. This was the best I can do right now :/

Lets start with what I feel is the most important thing for headphones this size to get right. Comfort. If the headphone isn't comfortable, no matter how good it sounds, I don't want it on my head. To say these are comfortable is an understatement. I have had these for a while now (since March) and have worn them almost every day since. The pads have pretty much moulded to the shape of the side of my head/ear. All I have to say is, they are supremely comfortable. I wear glasses and feel no discomfort at all. I do not wear earrings so I cannot help those of you who do. One thing I will say though that might be a negative is that the clamping force on these is very light. When moving around, say in hallways at school or just standing in a train, they tend move a bit on the head and as such, you will have to readjust them (not a huge problem, it take a slight tap). They can be classified as "heavy" but you will never notice. And if you're like me and don't use ANC, removing the batteries certainly helps in this regard.

Now, the part most of you want to hear (get it :D) about: the sound.

I want to say, for those of you who believe in and care about burn in, I can safely say these are burnt in. Lets start from the lows and work our way up.

Bass heads, unless you want to use ANC constantly, look else where. That's not to say that the bass is weak in passive mode. It certainly has presence. It won't be a subwoffer attached to the side of your head, instead what you get is bass where and when it is needed without being too thumpy (only word I can think of to describe it) and muddy. It works great with hip-hop and pop music. It certainly won't bleed into the mids like a certain headphone might.....ahem.

If there is one thing I can say about the mids is that they are near perfect. Clear would be an excellent word to describe them. And that's all I got to say about that. /gump. Voices sound great.

Now the not as good part, depending on who you are. The highs. Slightly rolled off would be the best way to describe them. Though that's not a deal breaker at all. One excellent thing about the highs though is they are not sibilant what so ever so to those of you who feel the need to pause your music after a while due to listening fatigue, worry not. It has very consumer oriented highs. What I mean by that is that they won't have the most detail (still there though) and they're not perfectly placed, but they sound great and most, even audiophiles (they can be picky), shouldn't mind them (especially for on the go use).

The wire is something to be kind wary about. It's nicely made, tangle resistant and thick. I have had no problems with it and the buttons are great. The reason I wanted to mention the wire is because there isn't really any strain relief. That can lead to problems down the line but you shouldn't worry about it. It is replaceable and Logitech  UE sells replaceable ones for like 20 bucks. Just thought I should make a note of that for anyone curious about the wire.

The Design: Best looking headphone I have seen. Period. It certainly is a head turner, though I have the black one. If you really want to stand out, I recommend the white ones. They look absolutely stunning in person. This comparison has been used before but I can think of no better way of describing it. They look like an Audi R8. Sleek lines and all. If you choose the black ons, keep a microfibre cloth to wipe it down once in a while as it is a magnet for smudges and fingerprints.

Conclusion: If you're in the market for a pair of headphones, and have a budget of less than $300, you simply can't go wrong with these. Fun, non fatiguing and easy enough to drive without any extra amping and such, it's a great headphone for normal people and those who want good sound at a great price. Oh and they fold, which makes them just as great for on the go use as home use.

Thanks for reading :)

Pros: sound quality,look, price/perfomance ratio

Cons: little heavy, noise cancelling kinda sucks but it makes the sound that I like

These headphones are awesome, bought it in London and happy with it! Cool looking, good sound quality!

Bass: I'm a basshead and I love the bass in the active mode and in passive mode it becomes neutral just like the sennheiser momentum

Mids: sounds very good with vocal, little recessed in active mode

Treble: can't say much, a little to non-sibilance depents on the song!

Noise cancelling: decent, cant compare to my ie80 or sen cx980 in this case

comfort: very comfortable although a little heavy and becomes hot after a while

Pros: Works in passive mode, detachable and durable cable, foldable

Cons: Doesn't seem like the most durable thing, made out of mostly plastic, earpads are not replaceable. Not that stable on the head.

I purchased these headphones at best buy here in Texas, and i have owned these headphones on 2 separate occasions. The first time i bought them, i found out that i was getting left and right channel cutouts, so i had to return them. When i bought them the second time, everything was fine, so i am good now.

Let's talk about the sound.

Bass:

Passive - Fun, warm, good for certain genres.

Active - Good for bass music, not the best for critical listening

Midrange:

Passive - Engaging. I would say it is about average.

Active - A tiny bit better than in passive mode. The difference between passive and active is not substantial, but it does make the headphone sound a bit better.

Treble:

Passive - Somewhat rolled off

Active - In active mode, the treble comes alive. It is not harsh in any way. It makes any genre you are listening to have definition and character.

Soundstage:

A bit compressed. It is a closed headphone, but i expected a normal type of soundstage, not compressed.

Noise Cancellation:

It is relatively decent, but nothing that is going to make you go "wow". It introduces a bit of hiss to the sound when you turn them on, so, be aware of that.

My overall opinion:

For a 200 dollar active noise cancelling headphone, i think any regular person would be more than happy with these headphones.

Pros: bass,lower mids,upper highs,detail& clear sound.

Cons: non

they compete will with headphones like ath m50 srh 840 akg k550 skullcandy aviator.

Pros: Sound, Comfort, ANC, Remote

Cons: ANC, Treble

Just a quickie because I totally lack impulse control...

Good sound quality for the money. Bass is slightly elevated. A tad soft but ok texture. The overall signature in passive is smooth and warm. A bit similar to stock UE900 but a bit warmer. Treble is generally soft but with some sparkle. Comfort is good and build quality is good although it looks a bit spaced out for my taste. The active mode adds some hiss and bumps the signature to more of a V-shape, It does remove some of lower frequencies which is most noticable on buses or trains or similar environments. Can make lower treble/upper mids sound a tad harsh on some recordings.

Overall a great product and a steal at <$100.

Pros: Very good price performance ratio, good SQ throughout the FR curve, comfortable and good build quality

Cons: the treble could be a little brighter at times, cable remote only works good with Apple gear

I wanted to do a review of the UE6000 over my HE-400 and HD600 because there's plenty on those already. The fact you can get the UE6000 for under $100 now makes them a great price performance HP and even at the $199 they were when they came out is fair imo.

The sound quality is typical UE because they have a nice smooth and warm sound which is how the UE IEM's I've heard all sound. The bass is smooth with good authority and depth as well has been clean and I haven't had any distortion in the lows at all. The go down to 20Hz then tend to start rolling off but that's typical with many HP's. Mids have that smooth warm to them with good clarity and detail, vocals sound very nice. The treble is the one thing that could be better as they do tend to sound subdued and lack some sparkle at times though on a whole they sound nice with good detail and never fatigue at all. As for the over all presentation I think for a closed HP they do very well with good depth and width is average if not a bit above at times. Imaging is good and I can get a good sense of were instruments are especially with live recordings and the separation is also a good part of that.

They're comfortable to me with a nice tight fit but not so tight that your head will hurt though if I'm listening for an extended period of time I'll take them off for a brief moment more so to let my ears breath. The cable is fine for what its used for though I do wish you could move them from side to side but that's not a big deal. Like most people with Android OS they don't work to where you can answer your phone with the controls but I've seen some HP's and IEM's coming out with more Android friendly controls.

That's my short little review of a good HP that imo is great for the price they go for now. I listen to them over my HE-400 and HD600 at home from time to time when I want a smoother warmer sound and yes they are warmer than the HD600 imo which I don't really think sound all that warm.

Pros: Solid Build , Enjoyable Bass. Does justice for a broad spectrum of genres

Cons: Blue cable is a bit gawdy for my liking. Active mode is poor.

I'll start by saying that until a few weeks ago I thought beats were pretty good, so I am by no means an Audiophile.

I got onto these headphones due to my recent purchase of a M-Stage Matrix Dac and Desktop Amp to match. It was a bit of an experiment for me as I though that all this Audiophile talk was complete BS. So anyway I hooked these babies up to my beats and was underwhelmed, so I thought perhaps I was right. On a whim I connected the DAC up to a surround sound system I had lying around, set it to stereo and the difference really hit me. After that the beats just didn't compare, so I set out to find a better set of headphones. After the hit of the DAC and Amp I couldn't justify too heavy a cost so I read a review here about these and decided to give them a go. I haven't been disappointed.

I have varied taste in music so I have been putting these through Imogen Heap, Lorde, Stevie Wonder, Bob Marley, Train, Santana, Eminem, 2Pac and the list goes on. Not once did I feel that the headphones were lacking. As an experiment I went back to the beats studios, and now my sister owns a pair of beats studios and I do not. I would say the switch has been like going from listening to music in a club to listening in a live concert, not front row tickets but enjoyable none the less. I don't want to embarrass myself with technical speak I don't understand, but if I had listened to these at the time I'd bought my beats I probably would have saved a good couple of hundred and gotten myself a better pair of headphones.

Anyway in my opinion these are a great starting point for anybody who wants to get excited about how good music can sound. Great bang for buck, build quality is excellent and apart from the gawdy blue cable they look pretty good. Downside is I did not enjoy the active mode at all so it never gets used.

Pros: Great looks, Solid build, Nice accessories, Folding design, Pleasurable lower midrange, Textured bass, Great isolation

Cons: Sluggish bass, Glazed over upper midrange, Under-represented treble, Crappy noise cancelling mode, Poor comfort, Non-replaceable earpads

Revenge Of The Ner- err, Audiophiles...

If I were to sum up what types of headphone demographics there are, in an overly simplified way, it would be that there is the average consumers and the audiophiles & professionals. Saying "Consumer headphone" around head-fi has become synonymous with things like Beats By Dre, headphones known for putting image and marketing before audio performance. This is because the audience these headphones are appealing to are not going to be particularly difficult to please in the performance department. As long as the bass is significantly boosted, and the level of clarity is a coat of paint above pure mud; they'll be happy. Consumer headphones are also known for providing very attractive packages with with fancy finishings, lots of accessories, colour options, extra features, iCompatibility, celebrity endorsements, marketing guff etc. These headphones are made to be sold to people in high volume. Audiophile and professional headphones, on the other hand, have a very different purpose. These headphones have essentially no marketing budget, and they rarely attempt to get sales from gimmicks or included extras. These headphones rely almost purely on their reputation for sound quality, which is passed on by word of mouth (or fingertip) through the enthusiast community. The people who buy these headphones are critical, sometimes fanatical, about sound.

However, it's not so black and white. There are headphones that fall into the grey area between consumer and audiophile. These headphones will have the traits of a consumer headphone (the fancy packaging, cutting edge styling, generous accessories) but with sound that will actually please audiophiles on some level, rather than causing them to fantasize about inserting an ice-pick into their frontal lobe. The best example I can think of is the V-Moda M80, which took Head-Fi by storm. It's a genuinely exciting proposition to have a headphone that has the best of both worlds. The Logitech UE6000 is allegedly another possessor of consumer and audiophile traits, however, I'm not so convinced.

First impressions

In true consumer headphone fashion, the UE6000 has premium packaging that's fun and exciting to unbox. After removing the outer sleeve and opening the hard storage box you find the UE6000 inside the black and blue zip up carry pouch. It's a very attractive package, and certainly makes you feel like you've bought an expensive headphone. After unzipping the pouch you find the headphones neatly folded inside, which is a feature I certainly appreciate. These certainly make a great first impression, because they are very attractive headphones. I'm a big fan of this styling. It's very contemporary and sleek, but not edgy the way the V-Moda line is (which is neither good or bad, just different). The headphones are padded in nice quality pleather which feels quite thick, so it should hold up reasonably well. It would want to, though, as the design doesn't allow for the pads to be removed, and there are none available for purchase which is not particularly impressive for a premium headphone, if you ask me. Included is the blue iCable, headphone splitter (male 3.5mm to 2x female 3.5mm) and zipper carry pouch, all sharing the desirable aesthetic design of the main event.

With it's sleek lines, matching accessories and non-gaudy sensibilities I find the UE6000 to be a very good looking headphone.

Build quality

One thing I was quite surprised with was that these headphones are actually very solidly built. I think the reason I was surprised by this is because these headphones share somewhat of a resemblance to the Beats line up of headphones, with the shiny, coloured plastics look. This isn't an aesthetic that is commonly related with sturdy build quality. This is an exception, though. No, they're not quite V-Moda level, but they're very respectably put together, which is something I appreciate. Feeling like you're getting your money's worth in the actual physical object goes a long way to making me a satisfied customer.

The first thing that stands out about the build is that these headphones feel heavier than you would expect. They weight in at around 270g, which is a good 25g lighter than the DT880. However, the UE6000 feels heavier somehow to me, in both hand and on head (I'll address this in detail in the comfort section). I think this is because they're a smaller headphone than the DT880 but weigh nearly the same. This gives them a very solid, substantial feeling which lends itself to a sense of quality. The finish on the headphones is very good, as would be expected due to it's good looks, but it's also solid in it's construction. The inner headband core at the arms and hinges appears to be solid brushed aluminium, which not only looks cool as hell (I go weak at the knees for brushed alu) but is obviously very strong. The part where the headband meets the cup is also metal, with an attractive raised UE logo. The padding on the headband and earpads are a nice quality pleather, and are generously stuffed with a plush foam.

The plastics used are certainly nothing to sneeze at, either. Plastic is often seen as a bit of a dirty word, but it's a necessary 'evil' in headphones as I don't find heavy headphones at all comfortable. As long as the plastics are good quality; then they're OK with me, and the UE6000 is a good example. The headband plastics sport a rubberised finish, which you often see on things like PC gaming mice. It's a nice touch that goes a long way to make the plastic construction more premium than it would otherwise be. The plastic cups (I opted for the white version) have a gloss finish that looks very attractive. I appreciate the contrast between the glossy, metallic and rubberised finishes that the headphones have. Certain other headphones can come across as one note (in visual appearance but sometimes also in audio performance, too ;) ) when they go all glossy. The plastics used feel thick and sturdy, and give me faith in their durability.

The UE6000 is a nicely built headphone that reflects quality at it's price range.

Sound Quality

Unfortunately, the sound is the first of two important areas where I found myself disappointed with the UE6000. Don't get me wrong, I think the UE6000 is good in the sound department, but it's too lacking for my tastes to be totally satisfied. Listening was done from the Audio GD NFB15.32 via optical connection from Foobar2000 with the V-Moda Audio Only cable and V-Moda 1/4" adapter. I heard no difference between the stock cable and V-Moda, and yes, I'm 100% sure it was plugged in fully.

The bass on the UE6000 is modestly boosted above neutral, and this is noticeably immediately. It's quite tastefully done, though. It's clearly warm, as will play along very well with musical genres which benefit from this, but is balanced enough to tackle other genres. I actually think the bass response on the UE6000 is pretty good, though it's not perfect. I found it to be well extended and surprisingly textured. The bass of the UE6000 possesses more than ample punch, and will play well with electronic and hip hop (which are the two genres I most strongly recommend these headphones for. It's fairly well controlled, too, with very little (if any) intrusion on the midrange. The one thing I didn't like about the bass, however, is that it sounds a bit too sluggish for me. It just doesn't seem to keep up with fast, frantic music, at least in my listening. I don't have particularly high requirements for speed, I'm forgiving of headphones being a little short of Grado level speed. Unfortunately, this one sounds just a bit too slow for my liking. Bass tightness is good but not outstanding.

The lower midrange is probably the best area of the sound for me. It's very warm and thick, with good texture. It really has a great body to it, sounding rather lush due in part to the well endowed bottom end of the UE6000. I really enjoyed the way male vocals came through on this headphone, as well chunky guitar distortion. Very satisfying. Things are more problematic in the upper midrange, though. I find that it sounds lacking to my ears. I believe this is because the UE6000 (in raw measurements) lacks the upper midrange spike that many headphones possess. It just lacks the bite and presence that I'm used to and, quite frankly, enjoy very much. It gives me the sense that the headphone sounds a little 'glazed over' in that area. This was something I tried to get used to, but I just couldn't.

The treble response is even darker again, and I found that for more recordings than not, I craved more treble energy. In certain instances the treble came through quite well. I found this to be mostly the case in less crowded, better separated recordings. But in something a little busier, I thought that the treble got a little lost and left me unsatisfied with how much I could hear. This was the biggest area that during A to B comparisons between the UE6000 and the Creative Aurvana Live, I preferred the CAL. Imaging and instrument separation I would say is slightly above average. Nothing particularly noteworthy, but certainly nowhere near poor.

As this is the first active noise cancelling headphone I've owned, I guess I should cover that, too. As a note, I bought this headphone purely for it's passive mode as I have no interest in ANC for home use (and since ANC has a strong correlation with worsened sound quality). The first thing you notice is that the headphones get noticeably louder. To my surprise, I like what the ANC did to the treble. It boosted it up to more satisfying levels, thought it did sound unnatural. Almost as if it was super-imposed over the music, and not accurately placed from an imaging perspective. The bass also receives a significant boost, putting it up to basshead levels. This could be kind of fun to play with on certain tracks, but it's ultimately not the kind of bass levels I want for listening, regardless of genre. It also had the effect of being superimposed, and I also thought it sounded a bit looser in the ANC mode. In any case, It's just too unbalanced for me. The actual noise cancelling ability also seems rather mediocre to me. I found it helped block out lower frequency noises the most, but in doing this it somehow made voices of conversation around me more legible, which was very distracting. There was also a noticeable hissing sound. Not a fan, especially since the UE6000 passively isolate very well. For home use, the ANC really is superfluous.

Overall, I prefer the sound of the cheaper Creative Aurvana Live. The treble and upper midrange presence really make a world of difference for me. While the bass extension and texturing aren't quite as good with the CAL, they're not too far off, and the CAL trumps the UE6000 in speed easily to my ears. The imaging and separation are also a bit better with the CAL for me. It doesn't leave me overly impressed with the sound of the UE6000 when a headphone half it's price beats it pretty handily. Unfortunately, sound isn't the only thing the CAL is better at...

One thing I really don't quite understand is how certain people on head-fi are explicitly willing to sacrifice comfort. I suppose (refer to my opening paragraph) that different types of people want different things. We all know the type that don't care about sound quality too much, they want a fashionable accessory to make them look cool, and hey if I can listen to music on it then it passes. For me, though, I consider comfort to be as important as sound quality. I simply cannot enjoy a good headphone if the comfort isn't there. An uncomfortable headphone is just as useless to me as a bad sounding one.

As I mentioned earlier, the UE6000 is a headphone that feels surprisingly heavier than it actually is. Whilst this is kind of nice for making it feel sturdy, it does it absolutely no favours when you're wearing it. When the UE6000 is on my head it just feels like the weight isn't being distributed properly somehow. I can't think of any other explanation for why it feels heavy, but it really does. The DT880 is a headphone that weighs more than the UE6000, but it seems to spread it's weight out in a nice, soft hug against your noggin. The UE6000 seems to more awkwardly clamp itself to you, and it just makes the weight feel intrusive. Kind of hard to explain but that's the sensation I get.

The headband padding is quite generous, but for whatever reason it leaves me with a bit of a hotspot. I believe this is because it doesn't conform to the curvature of my skull, so it's putting the weight on the peak of my head, while the rest of the padding doesn't make contact. I also have fit issues with the earpads. While the space allocated for your ears was fine for me depth and height wise, I found that it was very narrow. This really made it feel cramped for me. It ended up irritating me and I could never quite get comfortable.

Overall, I find the UE6000's comfort to be disappointing. To me they felt heavy on the head, the headband gave me an annoying hotspot, and the earpads didn't allow enough space. This greatly affected me ability to enjoy these headphones.

Conclusion

These headphones ended up being a disappointment for me, and I sold them after a month of ownership. Whilst I think they were very admirable, downright great even, in aesthetic design, build quality, accessories and isolation, I wasn't overly impressed with them in the two areas that matter most. Their sound quality and comfort really just didn't deliver for me. I think they fared quite well for hip hop and electronic, but I wouldn't really recommend them for anything else. Despite the negative things I've had to say about it, I think these things (in the context of how much quality you do get) are pretty forgivable seeing as how it's been going outrageously cheap as of recent. If you can get it under $100, and you know you prefer a darker sound then they're probably worth trying out. They're just not for me, though. I don't think they're at all worth the $200 they RRP for, though. No way. The CAL is a more comfortable, better sounding headphone for less.

Pros: Incredible Sound, comfort

Cons: Noise Cancelling is a little better with Bose

For $199 or below, I couldn't find a better headphone out there.  Having the batteries in the headphones allow it to sound great with just my phone.  I got some higher end headphones, but I had to use an amp to get the sound out of them.  First, I went 4 1/2 starts, then I changed it to 5 because if I have my music going at a medium volume, I don't hear anything at an airport or loud restaurant.  Again, the canceling isn't as good as the Bose Q15's and I haven't heard the 20's yet.  Also, I had the Bluetooth version of this headphone and wish I would have kept it because no wires are great even though I lost some sound quality.  But, I needed the $200 at the time.  Hope this helps!

Logitech UE 6000

Pitch perfect. Custom-built, laser-tuned drivers are housed inside computer-optimized dual acoustic chambers. The result is a wide-open soundstage and a remarkable level of detail in all your music. The detachable cable is designed to reduce tangling and friction so that you can focus on the music and nothing else.

Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Logitech UE 6000