Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) › Reviews › King of Pangaea's Review

SINCE 1986 AND STILL GOING STRONG

A Review On: Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )

Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )

Rated # 6 in On-Ear
Amazon.com
King of Pangaea
Posted · 16905 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: LIGHTWEIGHT, INEXPENSIVE, GREAT BANG FOR THE BUCK

Cons: NOTHING FOR THE PRICE

I bought my first pair of these when they first came out in about 1986 or so and have been using them for portable audio ever since. first with Aiwa Walkman tape players and now iPod Classic 160.  I have gone through a number of them since then, but the great thing about Koss, no matter what you may think of their cans today, is their lifetime warranty.  If the cable shorts out, or they otherwise break, or become unusable, just send them back to Koss with a check for $7.00 and they will fix (maybe replace).  Used to be $5.00.   Check with them for the current repair rate.   I've bought a few more pair, had several repaired by Koss, and been using ever since for portable audio.  Great value, great sound for the bucks.  I've just bought some B&W P5s, so maybe I will have something better to wear outside, maybe not.  Who knows.  A definite bargain.   Currently about $35 on Amazon.

1 Comment:

yar, a great sounding can! An I see why ppl LOVE to mod these things! Although didn't fit on my head entirely xD