Great

A Review On: JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)

JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)

Rated # 8 in On-Ear
wburton

Pros: Sound quality, easy to mod, memory foam headband

Cons: Treble is a little recessed, pads are a little hard.

These babies were great right out of the box, and for the price, I definitely suggest them for anyone on a budget, or just anyone in general!

The sound on these is great, good bass, smooth mids, but slightly recessed treble. I did a few mods on these: put felt in the cups to tighten the bass and reduce sound leak (which was definitely present), and then I covered two of the bass vents to increase bass. I also used the treble booster on my iPod to fix the treble problem and they sound great now. Also, the sound is super-crisp.

These are pretty comfortable, but the pads are a little hard. For less than $5 you can buy replacement pleather pads on eBay, the cans get a little hot after a while with the pleathers but they are more comfortable. And the memory foam headband pad is great.

Notes

32 Ohms

Easy to mod

Great purchase!

I bought these for $45, I selected express shipping (total $70) and I had a $25 gift card.

Arrived 5 days after ordering.

Shipped from Aoyama & CO.

Price drop soon after arrival frown.gif

The treble wouldn't be recessed if you hadn't modded yours to increase the bass.
yeah but i like having the bass boost. and I use an EQ program to fix that issue.
That's fine, but your review is unfair to the headphones. You changed them to suit your preferences, which is your right, but to call them out for recessed treble when it is caused by your mod is unfair. That's all I am saying.