Pros: Great Sound for a budget price
Cons: Lacking of accesories (i.e Carrying case, 1/4 jack converter etc.)
I got this headphones for CAD $59.99 at FutureShop. I bought this because I want a lightweight headphones that I could wear for a long period of time without making my ears/head hurts because I don't like wearing my Shure DJ headphones in public or in a long periods of time as it gets hot and uncomfortable. This headphones sounds really great for its price. I know, the sound is not as good as my Shure SRH750DJ which cost $200+. But hey!, you can compare this JVC headphones to those $100+ headphones!
1. VERY Comfortable and lightweight. Well, this is why I bought this Headphones in the first place. I have a big head and this just fits like a glove!
2. Sounds REALLY excellent for it's price. I'm no audiophile but I'm very picky when it comes to sound of my headphones I don't want those overpowering bass that Monster beats have that makes the sound of my music really fake. This headphone is quite balanced sound-wise. I can't believe that this cost $60 when I'm listening to it. You have to see this for yourself.
3. Reasonably priced for its sound quality. the quality of the sound makes it worth like $100+ headphones. (In my opinion, you can line this up to those Bose Triport On-ear Headphones which cost a staggering $300)
4 The headband is really nice and you can tell that it is not going to break because it is made of metal covered with soft leatherette cushion that makes it comfortable.\
5. This headphone is foldable which makes it good if you are on-the-go.
6. Stylish. I like the style of this headphone its not too small but no too big that will make your head look awkward especially if you are going to be wearing this on public. Style is very elegant it does not look like cheap headphones.
1. It could've been better if they packed in a carrying case. well what do you expect from a $60 headphone?
2. If feels like that the cable aren't sturdy enough. You just have to be careful and treat this headphone like its an expensive headphones (well its not cheap but its not that expensive)
3. It looks like that the cans are scratch magnet because of its glossy finish.
4. I wish JVC included, at least spare earpads as a bonus because this headphones does not come with any accessories at all (just a manual and warranty papers). Well, you are buying it for the headphones and not for the accessories after all.
I would definitely recommend this headphones for those who want a good sounding headphones that are on a budget. After at least 24 hrs. of burn-in. the sound of this headphones became better (Yes, I'm a burn-in believer), but do not get me wrong, this headphones sounds great out-of-the-box. In my opinion, this is the reasonably priced version of those Bose/Monster Headphones. Those Bose/Monster Headphones are way overpriced for their sound/build quality, why would you buy a flashy headphones that costs $200-399+ if you can get its sound quality for under $200 or less. I know less expensive headphones like this JVC does not come with those flashy accessories but that is not a big problem because you can buy those online/store.