Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Graham Slee Entheos Series Novo

Graham Slee Entheos Series Novo

Pros: Small size, Sound quality

Cons: Linear PSU is expensive, cheap components, requires a long period to run in

I owned this amplifier for a short while before deciding to sell it on. I bought it on the strength of very positive reviews (5 stars, amp of the year etc.) in UK magazine What HiFi. Paired with my Audiolab MDAC I could hear very little difference between the stock headphone out and this amp into a pair of Grado 80i's. don't get me wrong, the sound quality from the amp was good but I couldn't justify keeping it as it wasn't a significant improvement over the MDAC headphone out. Maybe it needs better 'phones to come alive? I shall never know.
Graham Slee Entheos Series Novo

Specification: Dimensions: L. 10.5 W. 10.5 H. 5 (cm) approx. excluding controls and connectors Output: 150mW rms into 32 Ohms, 40mW rms into 600 Ohms (both channels fully driven - 0.05% THD) Frequency Response (worst case): Flat: 43Hz to 16kHz (-1dB), 22Hz to 30kHz (-3dB) (volume control at 3 o'clock position) Channel Balance: 0.5dB typical Hum & Noise: -80dB CCIR Q-pk 20Hz-20kHz (into 30 Ohms) Stereo Crosstalk: -64dB typical Distortion (THD+Noise): 0.02% at 1 kHz into 30 Ohms, and 12 o'clock volume control position.