Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Final Audio Design Muramasa VIII › Reviews › elton7033's Review

Very good treble, speed response and mid is awesome, lack of bass quantity but deep bass extension is present

A Review On: Final Audio Design Muramasa VIII

Final Audio Design Muramasa VIII

Price paid: $8,000.00
elton7033
Posted · Updated · 1378 Views · 9 Comments

Pros: in my humble opinion, when it comes to trible, muramasa's silky smooth treble is one of the best if not the best in the world

Cons: little sound stage compare to other open back headphone like the HD800/ 850g is too damn heavy for a headphone / high price tag

For sound quality i will rate it very good compare to my other high-end headphones like my SR009/R10/L3000/K1000/HD800/TH900 etc. But lets just be clear on this that the MURAMASA VIII is not better than the SR009 nor the R10 (bass light ver) in my opinion. However the mid and treble response and extension of the MURAMASA is where the points goes. Its silky smooth treble reminds me of Audio Technica house sound. But defiantly better treble response than ATH-L3000 or W3000ANV where i own them both. It have a bright tendency in my tease, mid-range is awesome but not as perfect as SR009, however the MURAMASA lack of bass quantity but deep bass extension (quality) is present like in the R10 bass light. But if you expect a super large soundstage then you better go get a AKG K1000 rather than any other headphone.This headphone come with a detachable 7N Cable terminated in 3pin balanced XLR (this is the original cable from Final audio) a 3pin XLR to 6.3 converter cable by Oyaide is also included in the package. For the test, I have SR009 with KGSSHV (500V ver) and SONY R10(Bass Light) / Forstex TH900 / Audio Technica L3000/ AKG K1000/ Airbow modded HD800S / with Luxman P700U amp doing AB comparison side by side with the MURAMASA VIII and what I can say is it all have it own advantage against each other and they are all good headphone. But nothing come close to the 009 and KGSSHV combo.

THE SETUP I USED TO PLAY WITH MURAMASA VIII IS LUXMAN D08 SACD PLAYER -> LUXMAN P700U -> MURAMASA VIII

The cable I use for the test is Crystal Cable Reference Diamond XLR and RCA, power cable for my amps are CARDAS CLEAR power cable.

Also worth to mention is this headphone weights 850g and is uncomfortable when you ware it for longer period of time.

The MURAMASA headphone comes with a headphone stand and a black hardcase.

850g for a headphone is totally redick.
Headphones should not weight over 400g and preferably under 250g.
you are totally corrext, this headphone is too heavy for my small head
damn, this thing is H E A V Y...
Hory schiit, who would want to put that on?! Looks rly stylish with the chrome finish tho.
But daaaamn that is some fine money you has thar.
Insane weight... is it really necessary? >.>
Holy ****, 850 grams? With NO headband padding? I'll never complain that my headphones are uncomfortable again...
That's not a headphone, more like a torturing device.  Epic design fail.  No wonder this was never released.
although most people including myself often complain about its weight, however it sound so awesome where i didn't even think when I decide to buy it back then.
Beautiful looking headphone for sure, if not exotic. It gives the impression similar to a new brand of supercar, impractical, ostentatious, and ridiculously expensive - all the perfect reasons you'd buy this headphone with your heart and not your head.