Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Portable Amps › Fiio E6 Headphone Amplifier › Reviews › Cam3ron's Review

Great Amplifier for on the go.

A Review On: Fiio E6 Headphone Amplifier

Fiio E6 Headphone Amplifier

Rated # 8 in Portable Amps
Quality
Cam3ron

Pros: Portable, Detailed sound, can drive speakers!

Cons: Plastic, EQ1 is horrible.

Kind of an interesting story. I was stuck with a bootstrap configuration in order to record a quick jam session and after we finished we wanted to hear it back. However, all I had was a pair of headphones and this amp and the mac's speakers are just horrid. Luckily we got some older computer speakers from my friends office, although it was missing the power supply. Amazingly, after plugging them into this amplifier, I could get it loud enough so we could hear. Anyways, It's a neat little amp and comes close to out perform my modded RCA amplifier. It's saved me more often in situations were more volume or clarity is needed, and is well worth the $20. However, it can't drive 250Ohm 770 Pros very loud and it feels a little cheap, also EQ1 is, like many other reviewers have stated, horrid.

Comments: