Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio › Sound Cards › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E › Reviews › raymond555's Review

Creative X-Fi Titanium HD

A Review On: Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E

Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E

Rated # 2 in Sound Cards
Quality
raymond555

Pros: Very Clear & Detailed Sound,Replaceable OMP's,High Grade Components ike TI DAC,Great In Games,Great In Music,Solid Card.

Cons: Crystalizer is just a gimmick,Bass Could Use More Punch.

The Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Is the new high-end sound card from creative,and has an impressive spec sheet like 122db in 24bit\96khz playback and using a high-grade components like Texas Instruments DAC,also it comes with a 16mb x-ram for hardware accleration in games(useless).

The EMI shield is a cheap plastic unlike ASUS metalic cover(but it takes less heat from other components unlike metal that is on the STX),and the EMI shield came scretched like some idiot at creative tried to clean it with glass paper!

Sound Stage is wider compared to an onboard realtek sound chip(alc889),with warmer and richer sound and good mid and high tones!

lows wise,the bass is good,nothing special,it could use more punch,and it could be fixed by changing the omp's as they are replaceable(it comes with generic 2114d's at the I\V section and LME49710NA in the buffers)

overall,very satisfied with the card,drivers work well under windows 7 64bit,with no problems at all,I like the warm,rich and  detailed sound of it.definitely worth the money!

december 2010:I was so impressed with the soundcard so I've god a nother one for my second computer that I'm gonna build,anyway I've got a rev C. of the card(first one is A)and the highs are just perfect,spot on,sound is more stable and more cleaner(or its all just in my head).

if there are any grammer mistakes,please excuse me,english is not my first language!!

Comments: