Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Portable Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp

C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp

Pros: Imaging, soundstage, clarity and treble switch, ridiculous battery life

Cons: Volume knob loose enough to accidentally turn, small range for IEMs, EMI magnet

I'm really impressed by this tiny little amp. The C&C BH is truly a portable amp, hardly bigger than a tube of chapstick and boasting an insane battery that supposedly lasts 60+ hours. I've not yet charged mine since opening it a few days prior to this review and it's still going strong. The BH also has smart charging, so when it finally does run out of juice, you don't have to worry about over-charging it; it'll be good to go when it's full and won't damage itself. It can also be used during charging.

Build:

I have a few minor issues with the build. Sometimes, the jack is a little loose and needs a little re-adjustment to get the sound right. Only happens every once in a while and is easily fixed, but should be noted. The volume knob is almost too easy to turn and accidentally spike one's volume, especially IEM users. Again, not huge, but something to note. The knob is perfectly fine while the unit is in a pants pocket. Overall, it is very sturdy and solidly built.

The BH is fun with the different switches and outputs available to choose. OUT1 has a more forward mid-range, making it lovely for vocals. OUT2 has less power than OUT1, but also has a wider soundstage and greater clarity. IEMs and lower impedance cans will be better on OUT2 than OUT1.

In addition to the different outs, the BH has a hi/low gain, low frequency switch, and soundfield switch. It's worth noting that the LF switch also boosts treble a little bit, but not to sibilant levels.

I only have an AD900X to use with my BH, but the two pair quite nicely. The bass boost smooths out the lower end of the AD900X while maintaining a good level of clarity and detail on OUT2.

For $100, I definitely recommend this amp. The sound quality is great and the battery life is out of this world.

Pros: Build Quality, Sound Quality, Battery Life

Cons: Nothing

This Isn't going to be a long review more so just some impression on how it sounds.

First thing that jumped out at me was the clarity over the FiiO E11, the BH was clear and more transparent making the E11 to sound much darker with less detail.

The bass boost or the LF switch gives the bass on my SM3 V2 more punch but what it really adds is depth, the sub-bass is much more prominent and I hear bass lines that I never heard before with the E11.

Soundstage gets wider as well as giving better depth to my SM3 and now the imaging and separation sound perfect, I can sit there listening imagining am at the club or festival (listen to mainly EDM) as the music is surrounding me.

There's really nothing bad about the amp that I can pick out and for $100 the C&C BH is a great bang for buck amp that really shouldn't disappoint anybody imo.

Pros: Cheap,good sounding, bass boost and small.

Cons: Would have preffered both outputs to be the same impedance.

Not much to say as im not very experienced in the amping world. Also this is not my first language or am I very good at writing or explaining sound:

It include 3 switches on the back, one is the gain switch. Second switch is the bass switch that provides you some more sub bass when used with headphones/iems. And the last one is a weird one as it gives you more soundstage.

I have used the amp with some different cans now including :

Beyerdynamic DT880 250ohm --- Powers them more than enough and they sound great and ill go as far as to say it sound better than my stx output with stock op-amps. I prefer to not use it without any switch(except high gain as it is needed ofc) on my beyer, for some music genres I also like the the LF switch to gain some more bass. But when compared to the Objective 2 you can hear that it colors the sound a little bit the upper mids and highs but tastefully so.

Sennheiser hd600 --- Also powered easy with the amp, sounds great aswell. Tested not at home so could only try it with the Note 2 output. I tested aswell with a Fiio e11 and it sounds grainy compared with the BH and with the hd600.

Sony mdr-1r --- This is a headphone with little impedance. And it already sounded great beforehand out form my Note 2. I was not very impressed when I tried it together with the amp as I coud nott hear much difference. But after 1 week usage then going back stock, I can hear the change much more clearly. The bass is much better controlled with the C&C BH and the highs gets abit forward and it is suiting m taste with the Sony.

Sony xb500 --- Tested for fun, the bass gets more controlled and the mids and higs gets easier to hear.

Yamaha eph-100 ---  Because of weird ears I can not hear with iems for a long time, but had to test as some others on head-fi was very satisfied with iems on this little thing. I agree it makes my yamahas going from just ok to become very good sounding when compared to my stock Note 2 output.

Conclusion --- Since this is my first portable amp it is hard to not be biased, so when I compared it with the e11 I liked the C&C BH more and it sounded better by my ear and also my friend thought so aswell. And as I got it for less than the cost of a new fiio e11 in Norway I find it really worth the money. But I would not have bought it if you are going to pair it with more than 300ish of impedance headphones. As I need to have the volume put quite high to listen to my 250ohm beyers. But it is to loud before I reach full.

Worth the money and I can say that I really recomend it. A nice little amp from C&C.

Some photos from my mobile not the best but you get the feel of  the amp.

C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp
By:

C&C BH CC BH Portable Headphone AMP & 2011 version BH Features: 1. professionally designed low-impedance headphones special batteries in portable amp, smaller than a credit card (aluminum case projection), the thickness of a 9-type aluminum alloy pot limit; 2. dual output headphone jack, OUT2 with a high-quality PtoB impedance line, listening to music for 2 people; 3. with the gain selector switch, to adapt to a wider range; 4. dive + low frequency sound field expansion of special compensation to make up the majority of less than headphones, sound is more perfect; 5. imported high quality fever potential, selection of matching left and right balance, ensure the sound quality; 6. using large-capacity high performance lithium polymer battery with charge and discharge protection; 7. Built-in smart charging circuit voltage will not overcharge, can listen to music while charging; 8. all tantalum capacitors + red WIMA coupling enthusiast, isolated power supply design, the sound is more pure; 9. Maximum output power: 300mW +300 mW; 10. headphone adapter Impedance: 8-300Ω; 11.THD + N: <0.001%; 12. Frequency response :10-100kHz / 1dB; 13. Long life time: about 80 hours; 14. Pocket size, Size: 76 * 57 * 13mm (aluminum housing); 15. Weight (including batteries): 100g; 16. Charging Power Interface: 5V0.5A DC, Universal miniUSB interface.