Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Burson Audio HA-160D › Burson Audio HA-160D Reviews

Burson Audio HA-160D Reviews

Windsor

Impressions of the Burson Audio HA-160D

Pros: Very well-constructed, smooth & warm sound, impactful PRaT, great value product.

Cons: Some may prefer a colder, more analytical sounding DAC/Amp combo.

Introduction   I first encountered the Burson HA-160D about six months ago when browsing Mike Ting’s website,Headfonia. Around that time, one of my goals was to get some new headphones to enhance my enjoyment of listening to music. Though I owned, and still do, the Sennheiser HD 25-1, I wanted to upgrade, and I asked Mike for some headphone system recommendations based on my music-listening preferences. For a DAC/Amp, he recommended something like the Burson HA-160D or the Lavry DA11.   My current main headphone-listening setup now comprises of the Lavry DA10 and Audez’e LCD-2 rev2. That combo has come closest what I was looking for in a headphone...
Covenant

Burson HA-160D Review

Pros: Excellent price/performance ratio, very "analogue" sound for solid state

Cons: Lacks some air and clarity when compared against the Beta22

Introduction Burson Audio are quickly making a name for themselves as purveyors of solid state amplifiers with a difference. Namely, introducing the ephemeral quality musicality into the transistor domain, a sphere previously dominated by somewhat derogatory terms such as "analytical", "clinical" and "sterile". Only a few years ago, the world of high-end audio was neatly split into two camps; those who cherished a valve amp's ability to recreate natural tone and timbre, and those who preferred solid state's low noise floor, transient speed and frequency extension. Combining both traits usually required very deep pockets, and was a pinnacle that only the very best...
Yoga

Great

A top choice for solid state amplification. Build quality is second to none, and it sounds great to boot. Drives LCD-2s very well indeed.