Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Bravo Audio Ocean

Bravo Audio Ocean

Rated #13 in Desktop Amps

Pros: design, build quality, warm sound

Cons: not for all genres

Before listening to this charming little amp, I was very skeptical about overall tube amp idea. But this amp changed my mind greatly.

First of all, I have to admit it's design and build quality - it's really great, amp looking very stylish.

As for sound, I have to mention, that it's really giving "warmth" to sound. This is hardly explainable by words, but old rock, for example, starts sounding much more pleasant. I've listened Led Zeppelin, Doors, The Who and really rediscovered some of my favorite tracks in a new way.

Also I found it sounding good with almost all genres of metal, except Nu-metal. Very nice sounding for Nile, Behemoth and other "brutals"

Only exception I need to mention - it's dance music. This it amp IMHO is not for it.

To summarize - this amp is perfect pass to tube world with affordable price of $90

LL

Pros: Build, Appearance, amount of inputs and outputs, sound

Cons: I'm not sure if the tube is easily exchangeable

Sometimes, we as audio enthusiasts want new gear to power our favorite headphones, but can't afford to spend too much.

Enter Bravo Ocean

This hybrid tube amplifier is a gem for anyone on a budget that wants the renowned sound that a tube can bring. At $130, the Bravo Ocean is truly spectacular.

I normally find myself using this amp to power my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro and Takstar Hi2050. Usually, I find the Hi2050 to be a bit cold and boring, but with the Bravo Ocean amp powering it, the sweet tube sound gives them the warmth that I feel they need.
Now, with an already warm-ish headphone like the DT770, the Bravo Ocean does not make the sound become boomy or anything, however it does still add a bit of warmth, which I personally find beneficial.

Build - The Bravo Ocean is a stunning piece of gear, be it in terms of anything, including looks and build. The Ocean is very well made in my opinion.
The body consists of smooth brushed aluminum colored in a cyan hue with a couple stripes near the middle that extend to both ends. The front and back panels are of the same kind of aluminum, except colored black. There's a metal bar that loops around the tube itself. I find the whole presentation to be gorgeous.
The front has both a 1/4" and 1/8" headphone out. I assume the small jack is for IEMs, but it can also be used with anything that has a 1/8" termination. The volume knob, also in aluminum, and the on/off switch are on the front as well.
The back has the power supply port, a 1/8" line-in, an RCA line-in, and an RCA line-out. I normally use the RCA over the 1/8" jack for whatever reason.

Images (Click to show)

Images (Click to show)

The Bravo Ocean has a 500mW output power, so it can power just about anything, including low-impedance dynamics. My Hi2050 is 64 Ohm, and it powers it perfectly. With the 16 Ohm dynamic IEMs that I tested, they seemed to be a little sloppy, but I still loved how they sounded.

Sound - As mentioned earlier, the Bravo Ocean has a warm sound signature. This is to be expected, as the Ocean uses a vacuum tube. I think that anything plugged into this amp sounds better.

Overall, I would give this amp a full 10/10 in performance and value. I don't think you could go wrong with it.

Pros: Compact size, large and small heaphone jacks, build quality, line out

Cons: Not quite sure on the colour

I was searching for a budget tube headphone amp and this one caught my eye just because of the colour and shape. There was very little in the way of reviews for this I could find other than a utube clip.

Having had Cmoy type amps and a few solid state amps in the $100-$200 running off a cowon S9 with various audio technica and sennheiser headphones I could not  get the sound i was looking for.

Took a risk and brought this little amp and I am very glad i did.

In my view this made my ATH-a700 and ATH-M50s sound significantly better than being driven straight from source.

The bass and sound stage depth appeared much better and i found myself listening and getting more involved in the music for hours at a time.

I think this is a great value amp which has a very rich and smooth tube sound- at this price you should not be dissapointed

Bravo Audio Ocean

Powerful dynamic and sweet TUBE sound With Shu Guang 12AU7 TUBE Multiple input output option, no more adapters. Aluminum Casing and Beautiful looking Pure Class A Tube amp, No op amp IC Low voltage, good safety Powerful for any Headphone