Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Brainwavz R1 › Brainwavz R1 Reviews

Brainwavz R1 Reviews

Positive Reviews

Mgear

Very nice

Pros: Crisp highs and bass that fits my music

Cons: Lack of mids, odd shape, and possible build quality issues.

I don't normally write reviews so I'll be all over the place but here we go:     I listen to mostly electronic music. No specific genre in it, but it ranges from Ambient to very hard stuff (think The Bloody Beetroots).   These are able to keep up with my ears. I'm not highly picky with my audio but these please me greatly for their portable usage.   My home pair of cans are Sony XB-700's paired to an Asus Xonar DGX. Nothing audiophile, but good enough and more than makes sense to most people.     I don't consider these good for classical music but if it has a heavy beat and ample amounts of treble, these will be a good fit if you're on a budget. ...

Negative Reviews

thelostMIDrange

I don't enjoy giving bad reviews, but this one deserves it

Pros: none

I just can't imagine anyone, no matter what music he/she enjoys, finding these to be a pleasant listen. FLAT, cardboard sound to my ears. Who likes flat sound? The fit is not good, as they are unbalanced and want to topple out of the ear. Please do not buy these, they are not good for your brainwaves

More Reviews

Audiophilester

Brainwavz R1 REVIEW

Pros: Sound Quality, Comfort, Case

Cons: Cable tangling

Hello all head-fiers out there reading or seeing my review. You may ask who is this random guy writing a review? Here I am doing so anyways since this headphone isnt reviewed often and only has one review. I come from a family of sound engineers that have taught me in depth of what sound is supposed to sound really and all that basic and advanced stuff on sound. My mom and her brother are both sound engineers. Just got the brainwavz r1 today and dang was I surprised of how good they sounded for $30 bucks and fresh off the box with no burn in time at all. Box It comes in looks high end and is well packaged when opening it was a breeze with no toublem but only part needed care is...
Sycho

A hit or miss at $35

Pros: Soundstage/positioning, decent for instrumental music with a punch, deep and strong bass

Cons: Distorting, too much bass, sibilant, recessed mids, below average for rock and melody of different genres of music

Overall, I find these headphones eh for it's price. Comparing them to the Image S2m, they sound more expansive. On depth however, the S2m sound more full at equal volumes without an amp or EQ. The R1s lack clarity and quality when compared to the S2ms, but at higher volumes, can make up for their loss of depth, and with extra spacious sound, immediately become more deep. Bass is strong, sometimes even distorting the music, and parts of the mids sound recessed. Although sibilant at times, it's not intolerable. Using the EQ to increase it's mids and reduce a bit of the laws and a Fiio E6 (and switching from the Comply foams to the small silicone tips), the sound immediately became more...