Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones

Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones

Rated #329 in Universal Fit

Pros: The cable is pretty cool and extremely resistant to tangling.

Cons: Feel odd when in ears, utterly barbaric quality.

Where to start?  I bought these in-ear headphones from Best Buy a while back.  They lasted me around 3 hours of total time out of the box before the left earphone began to produce crackled sounds and static.  I take incredibly good care of my belongings and my Apple In-Ear Headphones are still working fine after nearly 2 years of continuous use as my primary set of in-ears.  They did isolate sound a bit, but nothing about them made me want to continue using them.  Needless to say I returned them the next day.  Never before have I ever seen a headphone of such poor quality.

Left side stopped working after a day, not to mention they sound like any $5 earbuds. Avoid these and all beats unless you can get them free.

Pros: cheap

Cons: everything else but cheap

Bought these when being on vacation the past weeks, since "argl" I missed to pack my in-ears and thought, ok, for 2 weeks on the beach, let's pick the first ones I came across.

What I learned now, and since the first impression always counts, keep your hands back from packages with "Beats" on it.

I expected less, since that brand is well know by poeple with equipment causing ear-cancer, but I still expected a bit more but in-ear which aren't able to represent a clean sound of what the playback device sends them.

Ever heard of what "soundstage" stands for? This was the first ever in-ears which had no stage at all. Looks as if beats tried to produce a headphone set which lets stereo music sound as if being a mono recording.

I simpyl dropped them in the dustbin at the airport, since it wasn't worth thinking about carrying them back home. Each cent spent was for next to nothing.

Beats .... if you don't like crispy clear music.

Pros: Portable, many accessories, good isolation, good design

Cons: Bad audio quality, bad value, okay comfort

So I got a pair of these before i knew anything about audio, and since now i do, i rarely ever listen to these, these have bad sound quality, the comfort is okay, but i really like the design i think its very unique. Also these do isolate very well i could every rarely hear anything when I'm listening to music with these on.

Overall these have bad value, not worth $149.99

Pros: Looks

Cons: Price, Value, Sound, and Durability

For me personally these are okay

Price -- I think these should be cheaper than they are priced. On the Apple website they are marked at $150 still but I think they are cheaper in the store. Anyways, they would be okay if they were $70 just because of the experience I had with them.

Pros:

They do come with a good carrying case, and a decent amount of tips to choose among.

They are good looking ear buds for sure. They look nice, color scheme is good. I love the red, white, and black. However that's about it.

Cons:

The main problem for me was comfort and sound.

Comfort: For me they stuck out of my ear too far and were constantly falling out.

Sounds: They sounded slightly better than the current apple Earpods, which cost less than 1/3 than the beats.

Cost: Overpriced

Value:

Honestly you are paying to have something that looks pretty. If you want to pay to have something that works and has the beats logo go for it. If you want something that sounds better, for less there are many options.

Pros: Nice colour

Cons: Static, tinny, left ear intermittent, absolutely overpriced

Purchased these after losing my old earphones, notice straight away they were an awkward fit in the ear. As soon as I turned on the music there was sever crackling in the left ear, thinking it was my iphone I switched to my iphone5, then my ipad and finally my computer. Each one the same tinny sound and intermittent crackling in the left ear. Took back to the store, they exchanged for a new set, took them home and same thing again except both ears were crackling and tinny.

Took back to store the guy had a listen on his machines and agreed absolutely. These have to be the most overpriced tat on the market. I switched to the slightly more expensive Bowers and Wilkins and they are so so much better.

Save your money do not buy.

Pros: Soooooo. Bad.

Cons: so very not good

I bought these as I'd lost my sennheiser in ear headphones, but needed something of reasonable quality (yeah right) in a hurry. Can I summarise? Wolf in sheep's clothing. Expensive, but really rather rubbish. Not a good fit, uncomfortable, and, for anyone who is lucky enough to own a set of reference headphones, and a decent hi-fi and decent speakers and, fancy that an inexpensive set of sennheiser headphones, really rather utter tosh So wish I'd just picked up those sony 3-23kHz headphones at half the price. Skip these. And ignore the, "hey I've just bought these, and they're wonderful" reviews. Yep. They're dross. Dr. Dross. Soooo Pants. Avoid. Or just go with the fashion, hey? Glad I helped.

#Update 2012-02-16. Well I may have posted this review after a few pints of Rioja, but I still stand by it. Please God do not buy these headphones - you are making some seriously untalented and/or unscrupulous people richer than they really ought to be. Thank you..

Pros: good sound quality

Cons: breaks very easily

I was very excited when i purchased this headphones. At first i used to carry them everywhere i went, and used them on all my devices to optimize my listening experience. after about 4 months i stopped carrying them everywhere and only used them when i needed them. just before i stopped carrying them around, i noticed that they would have static noises whenever i plugged them into any of my devices. after 6 months, i noticed that one of the ear pieces was no longer working properly. it would not work whenever i plugged them in to any device and normally had to re plug them in and press on the top to keep both ear pieces working properly.

in short, they are very expensive headphones and one would expect them to work for a very long time considering their cost. but for them to have issues in less than 1 year, i would not recommend buying any other beats headphones especially the earpieces. they are just not worth it!

Pros: Cord is nice, decent in ear fit, looks great, I like the control talk

Cons: The sound quality!

I bought these a few days ago at Walmart. At first I thought they were broken, the treble was so far extended that it became shrill. After listening to these for 10 min I got a headache. I returned them and got another pair and i got the same sound again. I decided to let they burn in the rest of the afternoon and night. I tried them again the next day and they sounded almost the same with none of the shrillness removed. I've never had this problem with any iem I've ever owned and I've owned a lot of cheap ones. The bass was nice, but not $150 nice. I can see why people on here don't like them. Someone said they are like the abercrombie of headphones and I think they are right. The build quality seemed good except for the control talk which seemed a little flimsy.

Summery: Save your money. You can get better IEMs for a lower price such as the Shure 215 and S4i made by klipesh I think. If you just have to have the beats, get the Diddy Beats, i have them and they won't fatigue your ears like these do, just don't expect a lot from them. I'm returning these and going to check out the power beats tomorrow just for the hell of it. If someone gave me the beats tours, I'd give them back.

Best uses: decoration, AM radio, learning about ear fatigue

Pros: Flat cable, decent sound quality

Cons: Build quality

Alright I got these as a birthday present so that's why I put their value so high. Would I buy these myself after owning them for almost 2 years.... Probably not now, mainly beacuse my taste in music have changed a bit and now don't need as much bass. Now if you listen mainly to hip hop/rap, techno and stuff then these headphones will sound fine. That is if your lucky enough to get a pair that doesn't fall apart on you. The cable is pretty sturdy but the problem is with the glue they use to hold the earbuds together it can weaken and fall apart leaving the esrbuds hanging by two little wires. Now I would to mention that i just fixed it with some superglue and no more problems, but my brothers won't stay together even with superglue. If your wondering what part I'm talking abobout its right by where it says L and R. Now my order all score is only because I got these for free and they've lasted fairly long with only a bit of quality issues, the b's on the earbuds also fell off but I like how they look even more now, if I payed for them I'd probably give them 3 stars.
Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones
By:

Beats Tour delivers sound so big; you would think you had speakers in your ears. Newly developed in-ear speaker technologies reproduce clear natural vocals, detailed highs, and deep powerful bass without distortion. Wired with high-performance Monster Cable, Beats Tour delivers sound performance never before achieved in any earphone. Beats Tour also features the world's first tangle-free earphone cable. While earphones are convenient, taking the time to untangle them is not.Most in-ear headphones simply cut off the low end of your music because they simply can't reproduce low audio frequencies. It took well over three years to develop and fine-tune the technology that makes Beats Tour bass so big, you'll think we put a subwoofer in your head. Dr. Dre would have it no other way.Beats Tour in-ear noise isolation cuts external noise for a better music experience than traditional earbuds. Beats Tour includes five pairs of earbud tips: three pairs of cone tips and two pairs of triple-layered tips for the most comfortable, secure fit that isolates you from unwanted external noise. With Beats Tour, you'll hear everything no matter how loud the rest of the world is. Most earphones don't have the power to play music at the volume some music lovers like us prefer. The large high-efficiency drivers and magnetic technology have been custom engineered to play loud without distortion so you can hear every note. Beats Tour delivers power and clarity that reveals the emotion in your music. The Sound Check feature on your iPod balances playback levels so all your music tracks play at a consistent volume. But if the volume difference between tracks is large enough, ordinary earbuds may not play tracks with Sound Check loud enough. Beats Tour drivers were engineered so you have all the power you need to rock out even with Sound Check on.The Beats Tour cable features Monster's patented magnetic flux tube and Mi

BindingElectronics
BrandMonster
EAN0050644497612
FeatureProtected by a three-year Monster warranty
Height7.68 inches
Batteries Included1
FormatCD
Hardware PlatformPC
Warranty1 year warranty
Special FeaturesBeats Tour high resolution headphones are designed to reveal the full sound of today's digital music, including sonically demanding hip hop, rock, and R&B that crush ordinary earbuds. Advanced full-power speaker design is engineered to accurately reproduce clear natural vocals, detailed highs, and deep powerful bass without distortion. Wired with high performance Monster cable, Beats Tour delivers the sound of full-sized pro headphones in a convenient earbud design. Earbuds are convenient, t