Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Beats by Dr. Dre Pro Detox Edition Over Ear Headphone from Monster

Beats by Dr. Dre Pro Detox Edition Over Ear Headphone from Monster

Rated #457 in Over-Ear

Pros: Build Quality, style (I personally love black), FIRST CONTROLLED CAN ON THE Beats line

Cons: Rediculously over-priced (obviously), terribly uncomfortable, stitching was awful...

First off, I will once again start off by saying that this is an honest review and I will not be talking from the typical audiophile's opinion on the Beats line.

Out of the box, the headphones sounded bland.. And I mean like they had no soundstage at all.. I could not distinguish any any difference between them and the Studios..

After 20~ hours of burn in, the sound quality improved slightly, a nice falt response with the famous emphasis on bass.. Mids were warm and precise, vocals we're welcoming, and the highs were crisp, almost shrill..

The sound was almost the same to me as a pair of M50's..

Build quality on the other hand is almost too good.. They are so heavy, I almost feel that their weight would kill them if dropped... Just a nervous tick I suppose but yeah...

My BIGGEST ANNOYANCE with the Beats line is the fact that they refuse to give any specs on their cans...

Bottom line... Do NOT pay the retail price... I got these from my friend as a gift.. And I plan on selling them soon as I can.. They just aren't worth having other than having a fashion accessory...

I would not recommend these headphones to friends or family
Beats by Dr. Dre Pro Detox Edition Over Ear Headphone from Monster
By:

Limited Pro-tuned Over-Ear - All Black

BindingElectronics
BrandMonster
ColorBlack
EAN0050644614705
FeatureAcoustically tuned by professionals for use in recording studios, performance venues, and clubs Patent pending input/output feature lets you daisy-chain headphones and share mixes Plush ear cushions for ultra comfortable listening and superior passive sound isolation Rugged metal construction ensures durability, resists vibrations, and keeps music free of unwanted artifacts Unique flip-up ear cups allow for easy monitoring of outside environment Unique flip up ear cups allow for easy monitoring of outside environment
LabelMonster Cable