Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 › Reviews › Nada190's Review

Helps my bass needs

A Review On: AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2

AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2

Nada190

Pros: Bass, build quality, cables, looks

Cons: Comfort, mids, highs, short straight cable

Sometimes I just need that bass, it's like an addiction but only comes every now and then. I brought these just for when I really need that bass but can't be annoying the living hell out of my neighbors with my speakers.

I brought these headphones with the impression of amazing, overpowering bass and well I was quite disappointed. The bass extends really deep and well with no distortion, somewhat boomy but not enough impact. I was expecting the type of bass I get from my speakers which is controlled and very powerful and vibrates up my legs, while I certainly don't want my headphones rumbling on my head, there just is not enough power behind the bass. As far as headphones go, tons of good bass, can't really be comparing headphones with 2in drivers to speakers with 8in drivers getting WATTS not milliwatts of power.

Comfort, where did you go??? Not comfortable at all, especially compared to my AKG's. The cups are too small and end up being on my ear. I replaced the pads with the M50 pads and while they are a little bigger, still too small for my huge ears.

Included cables are nice but the straight cable is just 1ft too short for my needs. Great cables though, really good quality and they screw into the headphones for portable use.

Note: I DO NOT use EQ's ever.

Amp/DAC: Schiit Asgard 2/Bifrost