Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio › Sound Cards › Asus Xonar DGX

Asus Xonar DGX

Pros: Great sound quality, good microphone input quality, built-in headphone amplifier, compact size, surround sound simulation

Cons: High output impedance, drivers can be annoying

This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most onboard solutions. The drivers work well most of the time, but sometimes mess around during installation. Also, like most dedicated sound cards, it has a high output impedance so it might not be well suited for low impedance headphones or IEMs.

However, all in all, it's still a great card because it's so ******* cheap and gives you so much.

Pros: better than your on board soundcard , crisp clear sound better than creative codecs, 24 bit dac, TOSLINK optical outpu pass through, budget card

Cons: hard to install, drivers suck (get uni xonar drivers and they are still hard to install),

Ok I bought this card just for my Schiit Gungnir because my optical output on my motherboard broke off. So I went to microcenter and picked up this guy, the associate tried to sale me and crappy recon3d I knew this guy had no idea what he was talking about because creative cards are mostly codec based. So I went and bought the DGX and got home open the box, the pins were bent to ****. I tried to adjust them. I spent like 3 hrs trying to install the PCIe card and I almost gave up, until I saw this guy bend the ends where it screws in at, so I did that couple of times, I did not get the flushed result I want, but it was good enough. Then when I finally got it installed drivers took like 2 or 3 times to install. Then I realized my toslink was passing through the speakers and I honestly thought it wasn't hitting the gungnir wasnt being utilized. So I installed a modded driver and I had to put my windows 8 in test mode permanently to install the drivers for the driver enforcement bs. Well I got it working, foobar was recognizing the SPDIF pass through.

- Drivers suck on the soundcard the overall chip is good just the drivers not so much

- SQ and Dolby Headphone (I don't use but its a cool feature, cause i'm running everything through DAC and amplifier don't want to distort the sound)

- Hi-fi Mode disables all processing (which is awesome)

I'm just using this for my Schiit Gungnir, so far no jittering or noise. So its doing it's job

Asus Xonar DGX
By:

Description:The Xonar DGX audio card combines Dolby Headphone 5.1 high definition surround with the ASUS-exclusive GX 2.5 gaming audio engine and an on-board headphone amplifier. These result in accurate and deep audio that brings every nuance and sound across fully, making the Xonar DGX 5.1 an ideal audio card for gamers who want to remain totally aware of their play environments.The Xonar DGX uses three modes to cater to different usage scenarios: voice, pro-gaming, and exciter modes. Sound positioning helps gamers become better informed of environments and thus more competitive, especially in multiplayer first person shooters.Features: Built-in Headphone AMP to power up every sound detail in gaming 3 headphone AMP gain modes for different usage scenarios - VOIP, pro-gaming, exciter Dolby Headphone technology for an immersive 5.1 surround experience ASUS exclusive GX2.5 gaming audio engine for realistic 3D audio effects

BindingElectronics