Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic › Reviews › Arve's Review

Worth it? Yes

A Review On: Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic

Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic

Rated # 41 in Universal Fit
Arve

Pros: Soundstage

Cons: Isolation

Ok, I'm not going to paste my entire review in here  it's over 4000 words, and quite probably the most comprehensive review ever of a product being delivered as a bundled product, so I'm just going to point at my actual review:

If you want a short TL;DR (Which I can understand, given the length):

• Much better than expected bass - much better than the Nuforce NE-700X, but not quite as good as Senn HD 558 or B&W C6
  • Average detail reproduction: On-par with the Nuforces, but not as good as the Senns or B&W's
  • Sound stage that beats just about any headphone, I've heard, ever!
  • Look elsewhere if isolation is a requirement
  • It's popular to hate Apple, and some other reviews reflect that - but these are worth $29, even as a standalone purchase, provided isolation is not an issue.

I remember when the first earbuds where 70+ dollars :o
Quality review, good luck with your site.
Great review, read it in one breath. Good to know that Apple finaly made it. If the cable remained the same, well, ther's room for an improvement for next gen :)
They sound great and I am pleasantly surprised how good they sound. I think they are better than the apple in-ear model and senn 218
@milan425: The cable is not exactly the same as before - the old one had two different materials, with different grippiness - the new cable is grippy all over, but less so than the old cable, and perhaps less prone to tangling than the old one. I'm saying perhaps because I'd have to test it over time.