ZMF Spring Limiteds, CanJam NYC and Estimated Release Schedule for Caldera Closed and BOKEH Open!
May 31, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #571 of 584
I love it with the dynamic driver ZMFs! It really sounds fantastic with them, and until this amp I'd never heard the Verite Open sound so good.

It has a huge soundstage, and is so utterly quiet it resolves micro detail unlike anything I've owned. It also slams hard, the Eikon kicks ass with it! Atrium is very sweet as well...
I also found it good with most ZMF's, and it's especially excellent with the VO/VC.

My, my. This is flat-out beautiful!

I thought from day-1 that the Caldera's screen was a true design statement, as good as patterns found in art installations, fine furniture and architecture. I also appreciate the slight concavity, which minimizes the apparent depth of each earcup and enhances the contrast between the screen and whatever wood is used.
More Gunmetal!!!

Jun 1, 2024 at 12:56 AM Post #573 of 584
So, you're the one who got too Green 2 right before I did!:sweat:

I had it in my cart and hit checkout and I was taken back to an empty cart.

It's all about the timing.
Gift and the curse of owning a ZMF. It's like the Porsche 911 GT3 of headphones. Amazing to own, but you kind of have to be lucky to get one 😂

Jun 1, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #575 of 584
So, you're the one who got too Green 2 right before I did!:sweat:

I had it in my cart and hit checkout and I was taken back to an empty cart.

It's all about the timing.
Yeah :triportsad: . Went for two of the blue ones and had the empty cart experience as well.

Jun 1, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #576 of 584
No, I wish, I slept in today :innocent: If whoever bought the purple one wants to sell it to me, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. Not joking :smiley:

I stayed up until 2AM listing to my Decware combo. A bit tired and out of it today. It sounds SO GOOD tho. :joy:

I did get Natural 2 to match a set of my Atrium closed.

Capture.PNG

best-headphone.jpg

I saw this one at the shop yesterday and thought it was amazing. One of my favorites.

Jun 1, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #577 of 584
No, I wish, I slept in today :innocent: If whoever bought the purple one wants to sell it to me, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. Not joking :smiley:

I stayed up until 2AM listing to my Decware combo. A bit tired and out of it today. It sounds SO GOOD tho. :joy:

I did get Natural 2 to match a set of my Atrium closed.

Capture.PNG

best-headphone.jpg
Very cool! Was that a AC set that was on one of the sales, or is that a custom set? The wood of that looks so rich. How's it look in person?

Jun 1, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #578 of 584
I also found it good with most ZMF's, and it's especially excellent with the VO/VC.

I love it with the dynamic driver ZMFs! It really sounds fantastic with them, and until this amp I'd never heard the Verite Open sound so good.

It has a huge soundstage, and is so utterly quiet it resolves micro detail unlike anything I've owned. It also slams hard, the Eikon kicks ass with it! Atrium is very sweet as well...
Sweet! I've been talking with Christian about it for a little while and there's one in the classifieds I've been eyeing. May go for it! Christian and @Alenotta even like it with the Caldera and say it brings a rich but dreamy quality to it (Christian's words there).

Jun 1, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #579 of 584
Very cool! Was that a AC set that was on one of the sales, or is that a custom set? The wood of that looks so rich. How's it look in person?
Thanks! It's from a year or more ago, during a special release. It's awesome in person, one of my favorites

1000025538.jpg

Jun 1, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #580 of 584
This probably isn't the right thread for this, but I have to tell someone what I just heard.

Never in my entire audiophile journey have I ever not had anything to say after listening to something. Ever. I have never been speechless after listening to a song. It happened today for the very first time. I just sat there after the song ended and stared at the ceiling. It took me a while to think of what to say here, because I can't describe it. I'm sure there are probably some Buzz words I could throw around that would make people think they understand. I literally don't have the words. Except it's perfect.

@zach915m. You have done it sir. It's amazingly, beautifully, exceptionally, brilliant. I from the bottom of my heart don't know what else to say.

I've never heard anything like this combo. And I've heard a LOT of things. This beats everything. I don't care what it costs.

1000027081.jpg

Well done. You've won. Game over. I quit. No more amps, dacs or anything.

Can't promise the same for headphones, but that's it. I can't imagine anything better than this. And if there is, I don't want to hear it. Because this is perfect.

That is all. Going back to the music now.
Which song did you listen to?

Jun 1, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #581 of 584
Jun 1, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #582 of 584
Sweet! I've been talking with Christian about it for a little while and there's one in the classifieds I've been eyeing. May go for it! Christian and @Alenotta even like it with the Caldera and say it brings a rich but dreamy quality to it (Christian's words there).
I can't speak to how it sounds with the Caldera, but it sounds really great with the RAD-0 as well. I didn't expect it, as I thought the amp wouldn't be a good candidate for planars in general.

But the Rosson is pretty efficient, and not insane low impedance. But I've read it's fairly current hungry.

In any case, you should try the amp if you are able, I don't think you would be disappointed... 😁

Jun 1, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #583 of 584
Yesss that amp and the OG version are one of the best solid state amps. It has a lot of interesting character. The circuit does something creative with tech usually used for microphones I think. The treble has this very unique shimmery liquid quality. I liked it with all the headphones I tried on it. I want one eventually but I’ve overloaded myself with things at the moment. Also Christian’s Nitsch Pietus Maximus is an amazing pairing with the OG Empyrean. One of those super synergies. I think there will be a new run of DSHA this summer. Everyone should go clean out Christian’s inventory of stuff because everything he is collaborating on is fantastic. His JAR 600s are so good. That sounded great on the DSHA too!

Since this is a ZMF thread I also gotta say I’ve been listening to the Aegis and Caldera closed nonstop. Too many good things! You can’t go wrong really.

Jun 1, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #584 of 584
congrats! that's the one i was going for too, just too slow on the trigger hahaha. I'm not bitter.... I'M NOT BITTER........... :)
Thanks and I’m sure there are more great ones coming so hopefully you get one you really like. I think this time I was lucky in when I refreshed the store page there were salire posted but only about half of them so it must have been right as things were going live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back