Luxury & Precision (LP) W4, Successor to Their Popular W1/W2 USB Dongle is Here!
Jun 1, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #1,472 of 1,472
Just a question. Recently my W4 started to have this weirdly high noise floor with NOS filter enabled. I tried 2 different other W4 units belonging to friends and they don't exhibit this behaviour. When I sent it back to L&P, they returned it to me saying that it is "normal" to have a slightly higher noise floor while in NOS mode. In my particular dongle, the increase is definitely not "slight", as confirmed with A/B-ing with my friends' units (they also confirmed that my unit having higher noise). The noise problem does not happen with any of the rest of OS filters.

I initially thought that this might be a CS43131 aging issue (which LP5108 is based on), but I have the W2-131 too and so far it doesn't exhibit the NOS noise problem. But, the funny thing is, I have Quloos MUB1 (4x CS43131) and recently developed the exact noise problem with NOS filter.

Just curious whether anyone here experienced the same issue.

P.S. the noise is quite intermittent at the beginning, but now I can consistently get it by simply switching tracks.
I faced this issue a year ago when I owned W2, the NOS filter made noise floor with my sensitive IEM-A12t, I thought this was normal since I always use the other filters and do not have any other devices to compare

Users who are viewing this thread

Back