Any Head Direct EF1 or Hifiman EF5 owners still out there?
May 19, 2024 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Gigz

New Head-Fier
I was wondering does anyone still have one of these gems by chance? Got one recently that looks like it had a overvoltage or something it blew up I'm assuming the fuse right next to the barrel jack and I haven't been able to find a teardown of one showing that back side of the board. Just want to see what the component looks like so I have an idea. Pretty sure it's a fuse or resistor since it's coming right off the barrel jack to that missing component and then feeds in to the diode array and caps. I've also emailed support and they don't have any information on these old EF1 units at this point. Rest of it I'm happy to troubleshoot as I'm sure there are other issues, just finding what this 1 component is that's been difficult.

Thanks in advance!

Update looking at the EF5 I was able to find that they are almost identical. They even use the -exact same- buffer board. I found 6moons did a teardown and got a image of the component I'm -guessing- it's a resistor being used as a fuseable resistor. If anyone happens to still have a EF1 or EF5 I'd be super grateful of any better images of this component.

1716101522826.png
1716261745375.png
1716261984682.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back