XDUoo XD05PRO
May 15, 2024 at 2:05 AM Post #2,281 of 2,326
I think @Bengkia369's explanation is easier with pictures.

He recommends the Trulis 8802 for a tuby sound. I can confirm. It's more analog, the bass is slightly rounded, the stage is wider. A warmth and bloom to the presentation. The resolution and sterility of the ESS dac will take a hit.

The MK08 with 8802. You will be able to fit in with the door closed. The 8802 comes with a dip8 leg. If you use the leg. It will become too high to close the door. So you need to stick it in directly if you intend to use the MK08. Pic below.

Do you need the UFEEL adapters? No. They're buffers, adding capacitors to enhance the sound. Both the UFEEL, I find they work. The MK09 is a pretty dramatic change. Micro nuances can be imagined. Pushing the mids forward in the overall presentation is obvious. I find the MK08 subtle. MK09 is very obvious. The Burson V7V is dead neutral. A bit boring. The MK09 pushes the mids forward, making the presentation more musical with no hit to the micro details from what I can hear.

If you look closely at the MK09. You will see a MK08 soldered on. There is no need to buy both. If you are going to buy. Make sure you choose the AG and Dual version.

The MK09 will not fit even with the door closed. You will need flexible leg extensions. Pic below.

IMG_7527.jpeg

8802 directly in the MK08. This setup will fit with the door closed.
IMG_7528.jpeg

MK09 will not fit the amp board directly. The width is too wide.
IMG_7041.jpeg

MK09 with leg extensions. In this method, you can use any sized opamps. Including the excellent Burson V7, or the Sparkos something something (sorry cannot recall at the moment). Of course, the transportable option is now more limited. The upside. You can change opamps easily. I only use it in the house and mostly at my desk. So this is fine for me.
IMG_7078.jpeg
IMG_7269.jpeg
7E01B4B2-A6ED-4CF3-B379-82F215276562.jpg
Very nice and detailed explanation! 😃

May 15, 2024 at 6:01 AM Post #2,282 of 2,326
Hello good people,

I actually have a question related to my recently acquired XD05 Pro. I want to know is there any charging indication? like the light just glows in green and orange, but even with a 67W fast charging adapter, the device takes a long time to charge.

Any ideas related to this? And btw, I am using ESS and ROHM DAC cards. Here are a few pictures.
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-15 at 3.23.38 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-15 at 3.23.39 PM (2).jpeg

May 15, 2024 at 6:49 AM Post #2,283 of 2,326
How did you connect the XD05 to L70? Did you use single-ended 3.5mm output to RCA input, or balanced 4.4 output to XLR input from the XD05 to L70?

The opamp section is indeed in the amplifier section of the XD05. If you've connected the XD05 to L70 via either of the means above, you should fundamentally hear the XD05 DAC and L70 amp.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I didn't know the op amps were influencing the amplifier section of the device.

I used a 4.4mm to dual XLR cable to connect it to the BALANCED IN/OUT on the XD05 Pro and XLR input on the L70.

This is the 4.4mm to dual XLR cable I used

https://www.amazon.com/Balanced-Hea...1715770011&sprefix=xlr+to+4.4,aps,104&sr=8-16

I also tried using another brand just to see if there was a noticeable difference in sound quality (there wasn't a difference, as far as I can tell with my ears)

https://www.amazon.com/gotor-Balanc...70011&sprefix=xlr+to+4.4,aps,104&sr=8-19&th=1

Is the 3.5mm output the port beside the BALANCED IN/OUT that says "AUX IN/OUT" on the XD05 Pro?

I also read that the headphone output and line output on a DAC Amp could offer different sound quality. And so I'm not sure how much of the sound presentation could be attributed to the XD05 Pro's line output and how much of it could be attributed to the L70.

May 16, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #2,287 of 2,326
Maybe... but I had tested it with various 'smart' USB power supplies, and used a USB protocol analyzer to deduce its behavior.
In the meantime I have acquired other USB power supplies.
I will carry out further tests with these.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean..

edit:
but if you mean that the DAC will work with any power supply, as long as it supplies 12V, I think so.

The point is that given the enormous availability of smart USB power supplies (I think it's safe to say we all have at least one), it would have been unnecessarily limiting (commercially) to advertise the need for a 12V linear power supply to achieve desktop mode.

The fact is that if the power supply is to be a smart USB, the device must support the appropriate QC or PD charging protocols not only for charging (which happens) but also for normal use (switch in EXT ), which doesn't happen on my device (at least with power supplies I had tested).

Support for charging protocols is essential to obtain more than 5V from a smart USB power supply, because they are 'locked' to 5V for backwards compatibility reasons.
It seems that the machine has been updated in the later stage, because I saw that the new charging port at the back of some new machines has changed to orange. Maybe the new version of the machine has added a smart chip at the charging port that can directly recognize 12V power supply?

May 16, 2024 at 4:17 AM Post #2,288 of 2,326
Mine is mostly hooked up with the battery off. I noticed when using and charging it takes forever to charge up. When left to charge by itself. It’s much faster but no speed demon.

May 16, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #2,289 of 2,326
It seems that the machine has been updated in the later stage, because I saw that the new charging port at the back of some new machines has changed to orange. Maybe the new version of the machine has added a smart chip at the charging port that can directly recognize 12V power supply?

I cannot rule out that a change has been made to the USB power circuit.

Do you have the possibility to show a photo of the rear of a recently built unit so that we can make a comparison?

May 16, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #2,291 of 2,326
Is this orange port?
IMG_5385.jpeg
Mine is orange like that too. Read some of the earlier reviews on the noisy floor. My IEMs are dead silent.

May 16, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #2,292 of 2,326
May 17, 2024 at 2:00 AM Post #2,293 of 2,326
Hi All: I received a slew of opamps this week that I’ve tried with the Xduoo X05 Pro. 1. Burson V7 Vivid; 2. Ufeek Mk 9 and Trulis HA8802; 3. VTV Amplifier ClassD Ultimate MKII Dual Discrete OpAmp; 4. Sonic Imagery Labs 994Enh-Ticha. I already had the Burson V7 Classic and the Sparkos SS3602.

I put the V7 Classic in my Geshelli Labs Jnog 2S, where they sound awesome.

I haven’t had a lot of free time to compare, but so far, I like the Sonic Imagery Labs 994Enh-Ticha and the Sparkos SS3602 the best. In think the 994Enh-Ticha might be the better pair, but I need to spend more time with them. Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.

May 17, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #2,294 of 2,326
Hello good people,

I actually have a question related to my recently acquired XD05 Pro. I want to know is there any charging indication? like the light just glows in green and orange, but even with a 67W fast charging adapter, the device takes a long time to charge.

Any ideas related to this? And btw, I am using ESS and ROHM DAC cards. Here are a few pictures.
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-15 at 3.23.38 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-15 at 3.23.39 PM (2).jpeg

I just saw your post on Discovery (I also saw it here, but forgot to reply).

The device takes a few hours to charge (even using a smart USB power adapter), because the battery is quite large.
I couldn't tell you exactly, because I have never measured time.
(if you need it, I completely discharge the battery and recharge it, measuring the time)

My smart USB power supply negotiates 9V when charging.

It would be good if you could measure the voltage while charging, using a USB tester or a USB cable with a voltmeter.

With my DAC, by putting the rear switch in 'charge' and connecting the charger, the red light turns on briefly, then the green and yellow alternate for the duration of the charge.

I don't remember at this moment if, as the battery approaches full charge, the sequence changes.
(I'll check if you need it).

IMG_9208.jpeg
IMG_9209.jpeg
IMG_9210.jpeg

May 17, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #2,295 of 2,326
Hi All: I received a slew of opamps this week that I’ve tried with the Xduoo X05 Pro. 1. Burson V7 Vivid; 2. Ufeek Mk 9 and Trulis HA8802; 3. VTV Amplifier ClassD Ultimate MKII Dual Discrete OpAmp; 4. Sonic Imagery Labs 994Enh-Ticha. I already had the Burson V7 Classic and the Sparkos SS3602.

I put the V7 Classic in my Geshelli Labs Jnog 2S, where they sound awesome.

I haven’t had a lot of free time to compare, but so far, I like the Sonic Imagery Labs 994Enh-Ticha and the Sparkos SS3602 the best. In think the 994Enh-Ticha might be the better pair, but I need to spend more time with them. Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.
Look forward to an update when you have some time, Mike. I've just received a pair of Staccato OSH-DHB opamps so will be trying those over the weekend.

I'm really interested in your view of the SIL 994s. I have a pair and have found they're the only opamps I've tried that have background noise / hiss. Have you had any issues with them?

Thanks for the updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back