When clouds part; and a legend falls in your lap.
May 1, 2024 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LostHisMarbles

Head-Fier
Hopefully posting in the right subforum, because if this isn't high end, i know not what is.
Also, heavy /pr0n content warning

Couldn't -still can't- believe my luck, but i found one!
Have wanted this for decades. Decades. But.. you give up eventually ^^
And as luck would have it, out of the blue, sold for peanuts too(!), i see an ad for one! Like no way, old fart's daydreaming, i'm like seeing things. Should check my pill dosage again.
But nope, this is the one! Right there!

Now it's very late at night mind you and given the ultra low pricing, i gotta enquire before i click, but.. it's very late, can't call.
So i stay up all effing night. As you read it, all night. Because this has to happen. And i pray to God no one else sees the ad before morning :)
Thankfully the seller had a telephone number publicly visible in the ad (who does that anymore?), so i call him first thing in the morning, he can't speak English, but his wife does, we start playing the broken telephone line between me, her and him, but we eventually agree on a deal.
Bank transfer only, so extra anxiety for me as you can imagine, may as well have gifted money, you know?

Took a bit over a week before it arrived, was so, so worried near the end.
But it arrives and OMG it is it! I am touching it? It's the one! Decades, so many decades later, but i GOT it!
My dream came true boys and gals. Can't believe it. Still, lol

Behold. The. Effing. Legend.
(well, one of the three in total)

My Baby (1).jpg

My Baby (2).jpg

Those -if any- knowledgeable among you will have noticed the new lips, thank Techdas for that. 100% compatible with the old Micro Seikis! So, double lucky. Without lips, no suction.

If you think you know what a turntable sounds like but haven't heard this one... maybe you can't be so sure after all. A true, rightful legend this one.
Almost all Micro Seikis were good, but there were 3 that formed the summit and this baby's one of them. Ecstatic to finally have one.
And yes, you're seeing it paired with another legend, the original Ikeda SS. Because it deserves it ^^
I guess i'm happy, huh :)

So, yeah! That's it, lol
Please forgive me, this isn't to show off, just.. don't have anyone to share this with, you know? Thought maybe someone else would appreciate this.
And thanks for reading!

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 4
Cool ! Never heard of it or saw one before...

The only MS I had was the one with the 3 tone arm slots. I had (not owned) FR-66, FR-64, and JVC UA-7045, Magnepan arms mounted in it over the months I owned it. I sold it, and bought a Oracle Delphi III and put the JVC arm in it (as good as the 64, and killed the Maggie, but no match for the 66). I was using the FR 3, Mavrovskis (probably one of the few that ever heard it), and Dynavector Ruby on it, settled on the FR 3 MC, and never owned another MM again.

Later I got a VPI TNT Jr w/ a Souther SLA-3 linear arm with various MC's through the years. That arm didn't do bass impact all that well, but the mids and highs were awesome - plus no inner groove distortion/destruction.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back