Weaning my little brother off Airpod Pros 2
May 16, 2024 at 9:36 PM Post #16 of 19
Dear WILLJS, if we want to compare, I would kindly say,
it's better to compare same things, meaning, wired to wired, wireless to wireless, apples to apples etc..:ksc75smile:
And also, we must not forget all the extra features and technology included, not just the sound.
Unfortunately, one has to belong to the Apple ecosystem to take advantage of all these.
Anyway, my experience is different than yours but I really respect your opinion, you might have some clues for sure.
Let's all enjoy our hobby with any device everyone likes!!!:relaxed:
thankyou for calling me out on that, i don't want to give people the wrong idea.

May 18, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #17 of 19
So my little brother is a self professed Apple fanboy and really likes his Airpod Pros (the 2nd gen with Noise cancellation). For <$500 what is an IEM you think would be a great starter that would wean him off his obsession?

I should add he also has the Airpod Maxes for his headphone set too.
Nothing wrong with those. They sound great, and I’m not sure you can do any better for the price, wired or not.

May 19, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #18 of 19
So my little brother is a self professed Apple fanboy and really likes his Airpod Pros (the 2nd gen with Noise cancellation). For <$500 what is an IEM you think would be a great starter that would wean him off his obsession?

I’m an owner of the AirPod Pros (1st and 2nd Gen) and the AirPod Max. While the noise cancellation, sound pass-through , microphone, and Bluetooth range are the best I’ve encountered, I think most of my IEMs sound much better. The MP145 blows it out of the water, in my opinion, and is on sale for $117 (AliExpress). However, it is quite large, which some people do not like. The Sliivo SL41 is my other favorite, and the Myers Audio store (AliExpress) has a couple coupons that can be applied to bring the cost down $20 or so.

My poor Pros and Max have been regulated to audiobook use or when I need sound pass-through.

May 19, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #19 of 19

Nothing comes close to APP2 at the same or slightly higher price. Once he dials in his HRTF via 3D scan and modest EQ it’s hard to beat especially in noise canceling mode.

You will not convince him otherwise. IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back