Violectric V222 and V202
May 10, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #1,846 of 1,911
now that there is a bit of attention on this thread can i just ask any V222 owners ........
have any of you compared to the Jot2?

this was mentioned way back in this thread but there were barely any opinions, only really about price.

May 10, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #1,847 of 1,911
now that there is a bit of attention on this thread can i just ask any V222 owners ........
have any of you compared to the Jot2?

this was mentioned way back in this thread but there were barely any opinions, only really about price.
I upgraded from a Jot 2 to the v222. I was worried that the v222 would have less of the slam the jot is known for. It has more :)

Also better resolution, width and depth, more forward mid-range, and smoother treble. An upgrade on all fronts in my mind.

May 10, 2024 at 11:30 PM Post #1,850 of 1,911
I LOVE my V220, but I really like the look of the V3X series. I don't get the dip switches though? Do they not adjust gain anymore or is the gain tied to the VU meters?
VU meters and the amp's gain settings are two different thing. So previously dip switches were for the gain, on the v322/324 is now in the front left corner.
Dip switches is for VU meters only (input signal and needle should be in normal range), it should not have affect on the volume.

May 11, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #1,851 of 1,911
I upgrade from RME-ADI 2 to V-222, V-222 has a warmer sound, is it better? for me it was, but I wouldn't spend money on it if I didn't have them to spare, the difference in sound is just a matter of nuance, like all high-end equipment.
Maybe if you get a higher level DAC with the V222 then it may change your perspective

May 11, 2024 at 5:15 AM Post #1,853 of 1,911
I love love the Vue meters And I am saving right now for one of the new models. Soon as I seen it I knew I had to add it to my collection. Even though I just bought a 590 V2, I will be buying this. No doubt. It totally fits my style of amps and dacs. I have no choice but to add this to my collection. I am building a new audio room for reviews and it's going to take some time. I have a huge collection of amps and high-end computers and monitors and tons of headphones and putting it all together in my little spare time is going to take a while but I figure give me a year and I will have a pretty impressive sound room with Violectric being front and center of the entire collection. I just have to be careful. I don't go over budget... Lol..... It was over budget a long time ago.

May 11, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #1,856 of 1,911
A problem connecting to the iphone 12 pro max with v226, doesn't see the dac, would anyone know how to fix it? Thanks
Had the same issue regarding Spotify. I switched the setting to 192kHz, 24 bit and the problem was solved. It was nothing wrong with the V226 (it was Spotify which did not "accept" a higher resolution).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back