Violectric V222 and V202
May 25, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #1,906 of 1,911
Is anyone else getting static shocks when touching your v222? I can get it touching the amp casing or metallic parts of my headphones.

No issues with noise in my living room I dare to say though after a month

May 25, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #1,907 of 1,911
Is anyone else getting static shocks when touching your v222? I can get it touching the amp casing or metallic parts of my headphones.

Whats your humidity like in your room?

I've never experienced shocks touching my v226, but I've had some instances of static pops in my planar headphones when the humidity in the room was very low (probably 30% or less) and I was moving around wearing static-y clothes. I got a humidifier and it seemed to alleviate it.

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #1,908 of 1,911
Whats your humidity like in your room?

I've never experienced shocks touching my v226, but I've had some instances of static pops in my planar headphones when the humidity in the room was very low (probably 30% or less) and I was moving around wearing static-y clothes. I got a humidifier and it seemed to alleviate it.
No idea but live in northern sweden so likely quite low. Summer now though so its not extreme :)

May 25, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #1,909 of 1,911

Not me. Of course in SW Florida with humidity 68% it would be tough.

May 25, 2024 at 7:26 PM Post #1,910 of 1,911
Is anyone else getting static shocks when touching your v222?
No shocks here and I live in a high humidity location. Question to ask is if your V222 has voltage on the chassis and is therefore faulty or if you have voltage that is discharging through the case of the amp to earth. It's most likely the latter. Easiest way to test is to put another metal box device with earthed chassis next to it and each time you are going to touch the V222 touch the other device first, if you get the zap touching the other device then you are discharging through the amp and should consider how to remove static from yourself. If you touch the other device and no zap then touch the V222 and get a zap it's time to call the warranty line for support.

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #1,911 of 1,911

That shouldn't happen as the case is grounded. If you wear a lot synthetic fibers or similar then it might be that you are building up static and discharging through the case. Try to take a multimeter and find a conductive point on the case (set it to resistance and put both pins on a conductive point), then check that you can get a closed loop from that resistive point to the ground (the middle pin on the IEC-13) in the power connector of your amp. The screws f. ex. are conductive so they should be connected to ground output. I am making the assumption that the amp is connected properly to a grounded outlet in your home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back