Trafomatic Head 2
May 6, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #286 of 307
Why is it hybrid?
Thanks for pointing out, misconception on my part... now it´s even less interesting for me personally.
You can still buy a new HA-2 SF.
don´t like the new look of their amps!
I will also get Paltauf soon, will probably arrive in June. Will update you if and when I do.
please do! where did you get it from? used as well?
No doubt it is excellent!
maybe I got a wrong impression on this also, some time passed since I´ve read through this thread. Am I wrong in assuming that a handful of guys on here sold it after a few months?

May 6, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #290 of 307
Maybe someone did a comparison: Trafomatic Head 2 vs Auris HA-2 SF?
There are not so many reviews about each, but from what I can read about Trafomatic, they could be similar sounding.
Neither has a typical tube sound.
I wouldn't change Auris for anything
But I had a plan to buy a new model HA2SE+, too.

Trafomatic...hmm, I am itchy. I would have to choose between these two, HA2SE+ or Head 2? :)

May 6, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #291 of 307
don´t like the new look of their amps!
You Austrians are so biased, but that's good. You should push your economy, as we all should ours. :)

paltauf.png

This is not quite a looker, too. :)
I'd rather have HA2SE+, at least tubes are nice :)

Cheers!

May 6, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #293 of 307
You Austrians are so biased, but that's good. You should push your economy, as we all should ours. :)

paltauf.png
This is not quite a looker, too. :)
I'd rather have HA2SE+, at least tubes are nice :)

Cheers!
Ha Ha... seems I´m "going to fast" and overread, but @the Auris site I didn´t see the old wooden unit listed!
Yeah if I´ll buy a tube amp I´d rather have "the glow" also. With a sound signature complementing my SS amp.

I understand Paltauf as a "Susvara amp" with that much power and maybe if I used speakers I'd go for the SP version.

With the little economical power I have I tend to support "no mainstream" individualists, endeavours creating stuff that keeps me healthy and "entertained".
So I tend to be a non compliant type of guy since many many years who doesn´t want to feed that kind of wolve if you know the saying...

different story but to cut the corner - Auris, Trafomatic, Raal there´s obviousley something great going on "down there"!

May 6, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #294 of 307
This looks even better...

Their upcoming HP 150 SP.
don´t want to deflect too much from Trafomatic, but since Paltauf don´t do too much publicly I wonder how you´re able to "show off" that upcoming piece... you like Paltauf gear, right? just checked your about... you like a lot of "stuff"

Last edited:
May 7, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #297 of 307
So to close this topic I'll add what Mr. Stiegler from Paltauf wrote in response to my inquiry about the SP150.
It will replace the SP version of HPA 100 (regular hpa100 will stay) and is designed for dynamic HPs. Hmm? Will be sold directley through them. cheers!

May 7, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #298 of 307
So to close this topic I'll add what Mr. Stiegler from Paltauf wrote in response to my inquiry about the SP150.
It will replace the SP version of HPA 100 (regular hpa100 will stay) and is designed for dynamic HPs. Hmm? Will be sold directley through them. cheers!

crazy power for dynamics 70V p-p? ugh..oookay?

May 8, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #299 of 307
Just received the HEAD 2 SE. It is massive.

I will be honest, first impressions are not stellar with Holo May & d8000 pro le, but is still too early.

May 8, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #300 of 307
I will be honest, first impressions are not stellar with Holo May & d8000 pro le, but is still too early.
I am not sure, because I read a lot lately about different stuff...
but I think that I already read something like that, and after 50 hours or more, it reached max performance.
So, yes, it could be too early...be patient. :)
And try to read a couple of reviews...
Head 2

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back