Tidal Lossless Streaming
May 23, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #5,206 of 5,209
I am still looking for the “best” solution to use EQ to tune my Tidal hiRes tracks. So far I have tried:

1. Roon EQ on my PC: very good parametric EQ, but I just can’t justify the cost of Roon
2. HiBY Music on my Android DAP. It streams my Tidal tunes in 44.1, and the EQ works, but not as good as Roon.

Any other suggestions?
Peace works great on PC, SoundSource even better on Mac.

I don’t EQ much on any of my DAPs, but the newer “6” and “8” series HiBy ones have systemwide PEQ, MSEB, and heaps of other audio DSP plug-ins to let you go nuts shaping the sound however you like.

Another option on your DAP could be USB Audio Player Pro. It’s got EQ plug ins and you can stream Tidal through it.

May 23, 2024 at 8:15 AM Post #5,207 of 5,209
Peace works great on PC, SoundSource even better on Mac.

I don’t EQ much on any of my DAPs, but the newer “6” and “8” series HiBy ones have systemwide PEQ, MSEB, and heaps of other audio DSP plug-ins to let you go nuts shaping the sound however you like.

Another option on your DAP could be USB Audio Player Pro. It’s got EQ plug ins and you can stream Tidal through it.
I don't think these will work with Tidal.

May 23, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #5,208 of 5,209
I don't think these will work with Tidal.
Sorry but yes you can use Peace on PC, SoundSource on Mac, and UAP Pro on Android to EQ Tidal while you are streaming it.

Again, I don't do much of the latter, but I am right now using Peace on my PC with Tidal streaming, works perfect.

May 23, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #5,209 of 5,209
Sorry but yes you can use Peace on PC, SoundSource on Mac, and UAP Pro on Android to EQ Tidal while you are streaming it.

Again, I don't do much of the latter, but I am right now using Peace on my PC with Tidal streaming, works perfect.
Cool. I think it must be because I use exclusive mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back