The HP-1000's have landed...ummm...again (56K warning pics)
Jan 4, 2006 at 1:47 PM Post #91 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N
Does Joe Grado still have stocks of HP1000 drivers?

According to my PM (as of 16th Nov05) with Audio Addict who managed to had his pair repaired by Joe there are still some in Joe's stock.

Jan 4, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #92 of 118
Just wanted to chime in and give an update on how the drivers are burning in. When I first listened to them, they were quite congested honestly, the headstage was nowhere near where my old hp-2's were at. The highs lacked a bit of extension and air, bass was a bit boomy, and the mids were unnaturally boosted forward for some reason.

I've got about 20 hours or so on them, and the sound is starting to open up quite nicely. Highs for some reason today are locking in where I need and expect them to be - hp-2's are known for their silky smooth yet unlimited high end extension and air and my NOS drivers are getting there.

The mids are normal and have smooth and balanced out quite nicely. Bass is tighter and faster.

One of the coolest things im hearing with the breaking in process of these is the detail extraction. These babies can pick up amazing low level detail, the ability to extract every ounce of ambient and low level information is disgusting. These things are like microscopes, but its detail doesnt draw unncessary attention to itself. To me, it makes instruments sound more real and authentic because all of the subtleties about an instrument's timbre especially with the inner detail and harmonic structure is totally captured and kept in tact. Also, the soundstage is opening so much more, which I attribute to its ability to extract detail all the way down to the lowest level. I can hear the air and space in the venue/studio, like the sound bounces off the walls and comes back to the mics, its picking those little sound cues and gives me a bigger impression of a larger soundstage.

I'm glad I'm hearing them get to the level I know where they need to be - just have to be patient I guess
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #93 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N
Does Joe Grado still have stocks of HP1000 drivers?

Last time I checked, yes - I asked him about future repairs and he said he had drivers, but didnt give me a number. I cant' remember his exact adjective, might have been "a couple." Anyways, he seemed pretty open to taking care of repairs, I asked him do I send them to him or Grado Labs and he said just send them to him directly in North Carolina I believe.

Jan 5, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #94 of 118
How do I get in touch with Mr. Joe Grado in case my HP-2's need a repair? Can someone post or pm me the info. Thanks.

Jan 5, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #96 of 118
Hi Ryan, you evil guy, now you make me want to go upstairs to the office and start unpacking all my gear. I know my precious is packed up safely in one of the boxes
tongue.gif
Unfortunately I have to do all this stuff in the new house
frown.gif

Jan 5, 2006 at 8:47 AM Post #98 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord
Yes, you all do not understand the POWER of the Triports.

I definately do. They are powerful indeed, much like a powerful fart from football fans who eat chili. Powerful need not equal good.

ANALOGY TIME:

If Bose Triports = powerful fart from football fans who eat chili.

THEN

Joe Grado HP-2 = ?

I would say Pamela Anderson, Jenna Jameson, Briana Banks, Aria Giovanni and Audrey Hepburn at the same time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2006 at 10:37 AM Post #99 of 118
Nah, HP-1000's = Cheryl Tweedy

DSCF0087.JPG

=

Cheryl_Tweedy_17E0.jpg

tongue.gif

I think I might have to start a team "Team I want HP-1000's" or "Team I want Grado to start making HP-1000's again!"

Jan 5, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #100 of 118
Wow. That is a very nice picture. I rarely see beauty so pure and so clean. Man I love HP-2's.

The picture of the girl is awesome too.
tongue.gif

Jan 6, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #101 of 118
LOL, Well I don't blame you for liking either of them. Although Cheryls not clean. She looks diiiiiiiirty, which is why we all love her (and her 4 other band mates) They are going to the States so keep an eye out.
icon10.gif

Jan 6, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #102 of 118
Ok Recstar so you found some HP-3's that are HP-2's, a very nice find! But deep down inside you know what you really want, a nice minty HP-1!

HP-1Flash.jpg

But maybe you still feel that there is an empty void, so you get your HP-1 an old friend!

MelosSilverFlash1.jpg

Oh, you don't like the silver look? You can always go black as well! Friends always need more friends!

MelosBlackFlash1.jpg

Of course if that is not enough you can always double the pleasure with an HP-2 (mmm I wonder who owned these cans before me) for the ultimate party!

MelosBlackSilver.jpg

Keep on rocking with your vintage Grado Gear!
MSport911
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back