The discovery thread!
May 1, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #100,247 of 101,615
Guys, believe the hype: the Kefine Delci kind of blew my expectations away. I only received it yesterday, and I’m already in love with it. It’s very mature-sounding, and although it has a warmish neutral type of sound signature, it has all the resolution it could possibly need. Its weight amounts to nothing and its tuning is extremely engaging while remaining easy on the ears. Also, versatility seems to be one of its many strong suits: it performs extremely well with every genre you throw at it. To keep things short, it’s a strong candidate to be an excellent daily driver.

As a side note, I genuinely believe it isn’t even necessary to re-cable it, since it sounds delicious on both of my DACs with its stock 3.5mm cable.

Thanks to all the reviewers on this forum who put this treasure on my radar. Much appreciated!

Also, I’d like to point out that it’s currently on sale on AliExpress. If you stack the right coupons, you can get it for less than 50 dollars. At this price point, it’s a steal.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #100,248 of 101,615
Guys, believe the hype: the Kefine Delci kind of blew my expectations away. I only received it yesterday, and I’m already in love with it. It’s very mature-sounding, and although it has a warmish neutral type of sound signature, it has all the resolution it could possibly need. Its weight amounts to nothing and its tuning is extremely engaging while remaining easy on the ears. Also, versatility seems to be one of its many strong suits: it performs extremely well with every genre you throw at it. To keep things shorts, it's a strong candidate to be an excellent daily driver.

As a side note, I genuinely believe it isn’t even necessary to re-cable it, since it sounds delicious on both of my DACs with its stock 3.5mm cable.

Thank all the reviewers on this forum who put this treasure on my radar. Much appreciated!

Also, I’d like to point out that it’s currently on sale on AliExpress. If you stack the right coupons, you can get it for less than 50 dollars. At this price point, it’s a steal.
Glad you dig! Yep, all excellent points by you.

I have never been as confounded by testing an IEM or headphone as I am right now comparing the Delci to the Artti R1.

Some days I prefer the Delci, others the R1. Some tracks and genres I prefer the R1, others the Delci.

I only use frequency curves as guideposts, at best, but a Squig comparison of the graphs of these two IEMs shows why I'm so vexed: Their tuning is very similar. Both have unique strengths and weaknesses not reflected in the graph.

But either way, the Delci is a terrific IEM for $60 and robbery at $50. But so is the R1!

Maybe a listen of the greatest album of all time, "London Calling" by The Clash, will help me to decide between these two gems!

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #100,249 of 101,615
Guys, believe the hype: the Kefine Delci kind of blew my expectations away. I only received it yesterday, and I’m already in love with it. It’s very mature-sounding, and although it has a warmish neutral type of sound signature, it has all the resolution it could possibly need. Its weight amounts to nothing and its tuning is extremely engaging while remaining easy on the ears. Also, versatility seems to be one of its many strong suits: it performs extremely well with every genre you throw at it. To keep things short, it’s a strong candidate to be an excellent daily driver.

Thank all the reviewers on this forum who put this treasure on my radar. Much appreciated!

Me too - received them on Monday....the signature is uber addictive/moreish. The stock cable is meh, so had to switch it out for a balanced cable with R6 Pro & use an adaptor when listening via DAC. They traverse any genre easily, handles electronica, binaural recordings, acoustic instruments with great authenticity/immersion. I agree Delci are the perfect daily mobile set (not taken them out all week!) Added another set of tips today & now the fit is so snug they feel seamlessly like part of your ear !!

May 1, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #100,250 of 101,615
Your right. Sony is due for another revamp for their IEMs. XBA-Z5 was in 2014, IER-Z1R in 2018, If you go by 4-6 year cycles. That means maybe by next year. I say next year as they would have announced something or showed something new at one of the can jams/ trade shows this year if they had something planned. But I would imagine they probably been in the works and should roll out something sooner vs later.

This being said. Nothing wrong with a 2nd hand cleanly used IER-Z1R. I bought mine used on the sales forum and it was like new and saved a lot of money. I see them being sold all the time used on the forums. Just because the Z1R is circa 2018 does not mean it is outdated. I don't know what Sony has planned for their next flagship IEM but that don't automatically make the IER-Z1R obsolete. That thread is going strong even now.

I think everyone in this hobby should try or own Z1R at some point

E9540AEE-FC1F-4295-A76A-C133ACECD1AC.jpeg

May 1, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #100,251 of 101,615
So I do have two-three points where I would love to see the difference between "money is no object" designs and simple good cables at ca. $20
Any good suggestion for an MMCX, low impedance, and not hideous looking cable for my Andromeda? My multimeter does not go low enough to measure the ohm of these cables, but I think my FiiO cables does not quite work with these. I bought one cable from NiceHck based on their suggestion but accidentally ordered the 2 pin version, so, back to square one.

Seriously, just a near zero ohm, decent looking and feeling cable, for around $50 or less. Why is it so hard for me to find 😂

May 1, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #100,253 of 101,615
Here, after fast search, a relevant strory that can give you some ideas: https://audioxpress.com/article/sound-control-the-ubiquitous-helmholtz-resonator.
Body-coduction drivers closer to resonators would be those based on haptic transducers (some motor) rather then using piezoelectric transducers (most commonly implemented by multilayer ceramics).

Thanks for the link. Very useful

F9256895-35BC-4E49-B4C8-B29A28E7B38D.jpeg

So, say, let’s think about AFUL MagicOne and the Singolo. By making the diameter of the tube (S) very small (micron accuracy they claim), make the tube very long (l) by folding upon itself, and adding a box / chamber (V0) at the end of the tube, they can force the resonance to happen at a lower frequency where bass is, thus making the bass louder 🤔. And then they can dampen the main driver to achieve the desired response above the bass.

Fascinating simulation tool they have there to test these before manufacturing.

Edit: so for PR like EA1000, the “box” has a diaphragm attached to the end to turn the vibration of the air inside the box into potentially audible sound. It’s the air rather than electrical current that drives the diaphragm. I wonder if the box is connected to the front or the back of the main DD. Fascinating how they can tune the PR to do certain things just by taking advantage of the “left over” energy from the main DD.

Edit 2: since taping the PR of the DZ4 increases bass, it’s likely that Letshuoer’s implementation uses PR as a part of the front vent.

Now have every delta sigma option for dongles.

Impressions??? Not fair to tease the box without sharing impressions mate 😂

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #100,254 of 101,615
Me too - received them on Monday....the signature is uber addictive/moreish. The stock cable is meh, so had to switch it out for a balanced cable with R6 Pro & use an adaptor when listening via DAC. They traverse any genre easily, handles electronica, binaural recordings, acoustic instruments with great authenticity/immersion. I agree Delci are the perfect daily mobile set (not taken them out all week!) Added another set of tips today & now the fit is so snug they feel seamlessly like part of your ear !!
It has a super short nozzle which is giving me a bear of a time getting a good fit(the curse of deep ears). I agree though that the sound is terrific.

May 1, 2024 at 8:18 PM Post #100,256 of 101,615
I read some Quattro posts in this thread, have many more people gotten it?
This hobby has multiple reasons to not buy stuff. You can pick any reason. Price, company, collab, potential fit issues, design, or you just don't need it in your collection. Maybe you even just like money.

I am in the market for a cozy open-back, and it looks good. Even if it's on par with my Edition XS, it looks better built. I feel that my Edition XS headphone is just one fall away from being unusable. I don't care about product stories, and only if they are good, and good for my use.

As far as the drama goes. I kinda hate drama, and feel everyone deserves a second chance as misunderstandings are a part of life. Culture in the Ukraine is very different, and in a sense I feel we are helping someone who is being affected by a brutal war. Again politics aside, I'm only considered with the quality of the product and as this is an experienced veteran and the build of the headphone looks great, I think for it's price it is promising.
You are comparing various product reasons to not buy them vs not supporting a terrible person. Big difference.

May 1, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #100,257 of 101,615
What's one of the most recommended $500 or less IEM recommended for a more musical/organic/slightly warm presentation while still having good technicalities?

May 1, 2024 at 8:43 PM Post #100,258 of 101,615
Thanks for the link. Very useful

F9256895-35BC-4E49-B4C8-B29A28E7B38D.jpeg

So, say, let’s think about AFUL MagicOne and the Singolo. By making the diameter of the tube (S) very small (micron accuracy they claim), make the tube very long (l) by folding upon itself, and adding a box / chamber (V0) at the end of the tube, they can force the resonance to happen at a lower frequency where bass is, thus making the bass louder 🤔. And then they can dampen the main driver to achieve the desired response above the bass.

Fascinating simulation tool they have there to test these before manufacturing.

Edit: so for PR like EA1000, the “box” has a diaphragm attached to the end to turn the vibration of the air inside the box into potentially audible sound. It’s the air rather than electrical current that drives the diaphragm. I wonder if the box is connected to the front or the back of the main DD. Fascinating how they can tune the PR to do certain things just by taking advantage of the “left over” energy from the main DD.

Edit 2: since taping the PR of the DZ4 increases bass, it’s likely that Letshuoer’s implementation uses PR as a part of the front vent.

Impressions??? Not fair to tease the box without sharing impressions mate 😂
My ability to afford such products also prohibits my ability to use them extensively. For the most part, I cannot tell the difference between my ESS, AKM, and cirrus products at all. My prediction is I’ll feel similar about the ROHM chip in the elite. Still, as far as build, the highest quality I’ve had in my hands.

May 1, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #100,259 of 101,615
P. S. If someone reshells Trio (or similar), names it Trigressor (or smth) and sends it on a tour as "a secret advanced project of a major IEM company; few eyes only" - hard to doubt this IEM not to be highly acclaimed, if not raved about!
After all, if to carefully match a right kilobuck cable and to accentuate with proper display accesories - any IEM (and especially good ones, like Trigressor) must be highly enjoyable.
A notch higher is sending few samples to selected reviewers on condition of strict anonymity with the review release on a designated midnight followed by some careful teasing info leaks. Lastly, sending a free sample and a six-pack - not to influence opinions by any means, but solely to enhance and elevate the reviewing experience - so that full enjoyment, tonality and technical performance will all be duly discovered and hyped. That is how fashion business works, right?!
Guilty. The non-descript design of the Trio has kept me on the sideline. But for $20 bucks (on AE, vs. $40 on Amazon), I'll listen to them in the dark.

May 1, 2024 at 9:11 PM Post #100,260 of 101,615
My ability to afford such products also prohibits my ability to use them extensively. For the most part, I cannot tell the difference between my ESS, AKM, and cirrus products at all. My prediction is I’ll feel similar about the ROHM chip in the elite. Still, as far as build, the highest quality I’ve had in my hands.

The thing is, in order to know how a DAC sounds compared to another DAC, you need the rest of the hardware components to be identical. I think this is a pretty rare circumstance. For example, a few years ago, after the AKM fire, Shanling replaced the DAC chip in their M8 DAP with an ESS chip, while making no other changes that I'm aware of. If you had both versions of that M8, then you could stage a fair comparison between the sound of the DACs, since the rest of the implementation factors are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back