SJY Audio Starry Night Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 16, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #436 of 436
A little update on MJ3 powering Starry Night v1. My MJ3 has been on 24/7 for around 2 weeks now, and I have logged some more time towards breaking it in. With that said, Starry Night sounds better when powered by the MJ3 now. Is it as good as running them off of a speaker amp? No, but it is far better than when I first tried the pairing. Would I recommend getting a MJ3 if most of your headphones are similarly speced to Starry Night? Again no, but for any of SJY's offerings Moonlight and onward, I would give it a whole hearted recommendation. My Moonlight sounds better running it off of the MJ3 than any of the other amps I have tried (ranging from $200 to $1,500 price range). I have yet to own a tube amp, and I may change my opinion once I acquire a $2k+ tube amp that is capable of driving planars, but that is still 2 years from now. :wink:

Just for reference with the MJ3, the more hours logged on it the bass improves. I am still not to the 100 hour + mark that other owners have hit though, lol.

Anyway, Have a nice day, and Happy Listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back