Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
May 1, 2024 at 10:00 PM Post #12,242 of 12,398
Not sure. But the rear does not look like the DAC card can be removed.
Looks normal to me. Just like my OG yggy that is fully upgradeable. Mine is A2/gen 5 (not unison).
Like has been said you should be able to upgrade or change the chassis to Yggy+

Maybe ask the seller? Or use the SN off the back and ask Schiit for history (if they would tell that is)?

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #12,243 of 12,398
May 1, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #12,244 of 12,398
They are probably saying that it's not the new modular version. It can be upgraded by Schiit though.
yeah but there is truly no need for it unless u want the NOS mode or remote. imo. those instructions i posted show it isnt too hard.

May 1, 2024 at 10:11 PM Post #12,245 of 12,398
Would you say the asking price is worth it?
It's in that "good price" range. I got mine for $1600 usd but thats also the best price ive seen lately. They usually go for $1600-1900, that one is $1750 so not bad. It is the best version w/ the A2 and Unison- exception being the brand new More is Better is preferred by some, but is $1000 more. and is a side-grade if anything from the OG.
Pretty good number on it too - B1004533 means it's from probably 2021 ish.

If you prefer black even better. But a good deal on a rare DAC. Seems like a good seller too. maybe even a great seller.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #12,247 of 12,398
I agree. I have the older chassis OG A2 and don't want NOS, a remote, or new chassis.
Facts bro. I prefer the old chassis looks wise. She's a unit.

I damn love this DAC. it's such a beautifully sounding piece of kit.
I used to think all DACs sounded about the same. But i hadnt heard anything but Delta Sigmas. Yggy OG has been a revelation.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 10:15 PM Post #12,248 of 12,398
Would you say the asking price is worth it?
Depends on you whether it is "worth" it. But the price is in-line or a little lower than others I have seen.
IMO if you want a Yggy A2/Unison it is worth a shot.

@Slackaveli It's $1750 CAD which is ~$1275 or so USD...:beerchug:

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 10:17 PM Post #12,249 of 12,398
Depends on you whether it is "worth" it. But the price is in-line or a little lower than others I have seen.
IMO if you want a Yggy A2/Unison it is worth a shot.

@Slackaveli Its $1750 CAD which is ~$1275 or so USD...
oh DAMN, thats a freakin steal. Maybe it is really not upgradeable for some reason... that price is almost suspiciously low but that might explain the price.

Thats a MUST buy tbh. A2 OG with Unison for the price of Gungnir MB ! Not being upgradeable aint a big deal since it has the penultimate Analog Devices card 2, and Unison. There is no upgrade to that.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #12,250 of 12,398

I used to think all DACs sounded about the same. But i hadnt heard anything but Delta Sigmas. Yggy OG has been a revelation.

It does look a bit different on the front compared to the current offering from Schiit. I just wonder how much "better" it would be than my Bifrost 2 (not 2/64).

May 1, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #12,251 of 12,398
Yeah that's a great price, wonder if they'd ship to USA. Could buy that and send it in for a chassis upgrade for less than I bought my GS2.

May 1, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #12,252 of 12,398
It does look a bit different on the front compared to the current offering from Schiit. I just wonder how much "better" it would be than my Bifrost 2 (not 2/64).
Substantially better. If you can afford it you will never regret that decision. Even if you gotta eat dollar menu for a few weeks its worth it.

May 1, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #12,253 of 12,398

I came from DS when I got my Yggy and I didn't know what I was missing. I will never go back to DS. The OG A2 is so good to my ears that when I've thought about getting a Chord TT2, May KTE, Rockna Wavedream, or MSB Discrete DAC, I cannot justify moving on and paying 3-4 times more for the Rockna or MSB. I don't think it can get that much better than Yggy so I've stuck with it and resisted the urge to get something different.

May 1, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #12,254 of 12,398
Yeah that's a great price, wonder if they'd ship to USA. Could buy that and send it in for a chassis upgrade for less than I bought my GS2.
Yeah there's no way that thing even lasts the evening lol. I know y'all. Somebody gonna buy it.

Hurry up @Macman it was your find lol. There are sharks in these waters.

If I had seen it last week i'd have belly flopped on it like i did mine for $300 more than that.

May 1, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #12,255 of 12,398
I came from DS when I got my Yggy and I didn't know what I was missing. I will never go back to DS. The OG A2 is so good to my ears that when I've thought about getting a Chord TT2, May KTE, Rockna Wavedream, or MSB Discrete DAC, I cannot justify moving on and paying 3-4 times more for the Rockna or MSB. I don't think it can get that much better than Yggy so I've stuck with it and resisted the urge to get something different.
Im with you man. i have heard a Wavedream, it was my first "dream DAC" but it's absolutely not worth it to someone on my budget. It's marginally better at best.

OG Yggy might be my favorite piece of tech ive owned in the last whatever years- surpassing things like my RTX 4090 gpu and my LG OLED 4k/120hz.
Yggy is just a beast.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back