Schiit Vali 3 : Impressions Thread
May 28, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #707 of 707
Liking Vali 3 so far. Still using the stock tube. Found out my Campfire Ara really don’t like them though, but Black Star is great. I always assumed they were really close in impedance and sensitivity. I rarely even make volume adjustments when switching between them. So a little perplexed. I did drop the output on my DAC to 1V from 3V to give a little more useable turn on the pot. Still had some distortion and wonkiness. Double checked Ara for function with a phone dongle. Not sure what’s going on there.
I’d been thinking about getting some Grados to go with my Tuba. Based on all the mentions in this thread I bet Vali would be a nice match for them as well. Vali only appears to be a bargain. After all the extra tubes, adapters, and headphones you just need to try with it are tallied up, it’s not quite as much of a bargain as it first appears. Oh well.
.... Vali 3 is wonderful with Grados: 🥲
IMG_8155.jpeg
.... As for not being 'quite as much of a bargain as it first appears' -- true, if you disregard the sonic benefits brought by upgrade tubes, adapters, etc. 🤷🏻‍♂️

EDIT: .... after all the above, compare Vali 3 + extras with h/p/a at thrice the total price .... 👍

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back